Scout.com Preview

NT03

http://cfn.scout.com/2/630455.html

SMU

Realistic best case record with this schedule: 9-3

Barring total disaster worst case record: 4-8

Realistic record: 7-5

It's not easy. The Mustangs have the three worst Conference USA road games you can get going to Southern Miss, Tulsa and Houston in a title-dream killing midseason stretch of three away dates in four weeks. While North Texas and Arkansas State help ease up the non-conference slate, playing Texas Tech and going to TCU means a 2-2 start is likely. There can't be any slips in home games against Tulane, Rice and UCF if the Mustangs want to go to a bowl.

SMUSept. 3 Texas Tech

Sept. 8 North Texas

Sept. 15 at Arkansas State

Sept. 22 at TCU

Sept. 29 UTEP

Oct. 13 at Southern Miss

Oct. 20 Tulane

Oct. 27 at Tulsa

Nov. 4 at Houston

Nov. 10 Rice

Nov. 17 UCF

Nov. 24 at Memphis

- Almost certain win

- Likely loss

- Could go either way

Screw em'!! :angry:

I noticed that had "almost certain" wins for almost every C-USA team when they face a Sun Belt team. SMU over NT, Memphis over MTSU , SMiss over AK St. , UCF over ULL, & Tulsa over ULM. I guess this person didn't see the 4-3 record over C-USA last year that the Belt had.

Edited by NT03

I noticed that had "almost certain" wins for almost every C-USA team when they face a Sun Belt team. SMU over NT, Memphis over MTSU , SMiss over AK St. , UCF over ULL, & Tulsa over ULM. I guess this person didn't see the 4-3 record over C-USA last year that the Belt had.

I would bet they had SMUt as a favorite in Denton last year too. <_<

Well, when you come off consecutive 2-9, 3-8 seasons, you aren't expected to beat too many people. With TD at the helm, we have the potential to be much better, especially if we can just keep the defense off the field more. But potential means you haven't done it yet.