I Come In Peace And Pride

RamoneArchie

First off let me introduce myself. As you can see by my screen name I am Ramone Archie. For those of you who know about last years coaching staff, as I know you do, I was the running backs coach. More importantly I was a Mean Green football player (Back when we were the Eagles) from 1997-2000. I was kind of hesitant to register on this site for the obvious reasons. I mean I was a coach on the staff that was fired last fall. Then I started thinking and I realized that this sight was created for me. I'm an proud Alumni of North Texas and even better i'm a former football player. From time to time i'm sure there will be some topics that come up that I would like to comment on and i'm sure i'll have some topics that I would like to bring up.

A warning to you all. I will not, I repeat will not answer any questions or make any comments on the former Mean Green staff. That part of our schools history has come to a close and i'm looking forward to cheering on my alumni and supporting Coach Dodge and his staff to the fullest. I will also not make any comments on the players that I had the honor of coaching. I will say that the players that I had the opportunity to coach and spend time with at UNT were some of the finest young men that I have been around. I was so lucky to have such a great group of running backs to work with. I truly love those guys and I know they will be succesfull this year. With that being said, I would like to thank you guys for having me aboard. This next couple of years could be huge for the Mean Green I can't wait to start cheering them on.

Ramone Archie

2000 Graduate.

Glad to see you here! It'll be nice to hear some insight from another person who played AND coached at the collegiate level. 2 very imprtant questions:

How do you feel about Fouts Field?

and

What color should our uniforms/helmets be? Should we have script on helmets or the new eagle logo?

(Yes, technically 3 questions, but one is a "sub" question.)

GMG!!!!!!

Glad to see you here! It'll be nice to hear some insight from another person who played AND coached at the collegiate level. 2 very imprtant questions:

How do you feel about Fouts Field?

and

What color should our uniforms/helmets be? Should we have script on helmets or the new eagle logo?

(Yes, technically 3 questions, but one is a "sub" question.)

GMG!!!!!!

Okay, to answer the first question. Fouts field isn't as bad as alot of people seem to think. Yes, it is time for a new stadium and when we get it's going to be awsome! One thing that I don not like about fouts, and this goes back to my playing days, is the track that surrounds it. When we would got to other stadiums to play the crowd was more into it because they were like 5 feet from the sidelines. I mean you probably wouldn't be surprised at some of the things that we would hear from the crowd added with the things that were tossed at us. I love the idea of our student section being right behind the visiting team. Now, I'm not advocating throwing or saying inappropriate things, but like I said before it puts the crowd right in the middle of the game. Fouts isn't the best, but it definately isn't the worse i've seen. Anyone remeber the Kibby dome? "nuff said.

As far as the uniforms go, i'm not too picky. I do love that new eagle logo being all over the helmet, that looks nice! My only thing is let's establish a uniform and stick with it. There have been way too many changes to our uniform and logo. Look at the great teams, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Michigan, Florida and so on. When was the last time they've chaned their uniforms? Have they ever (besides the obvious upgrades with the times). Change it and let's stick with it. I don't like the Scrip though. New Logo on a green helmet.

Okay, is there anyone on here that I know personally, maybe played with. I can't tell since everyone has code names. What's up with this Baby Arm fella? Does he have a small arm or something? I've seen Firefighter rick around I believe, and I met Emmitt on the bus down to UT, I think (I also met his mother-in-law when I went to visit coppell). So could everyone reintroduce themselves for me? Thanks!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Your post was classy and exactly what I would have expected from you. I really felt for you coming in and giving it your best in what turned out to be a tumultuous year.

I had hoped that maybe you and Coach Bleil would be retained from the former staff but I guess I can understand Coach Dodge's wishing to wipe that slate clean. I hope that you landed on you feet with a coaching job in the area. You always gave it your best as a player and I'm sure that you have (and will) as a coach.

Good luck and we hope to see you back on the UNT coaching staff in the future.

One thing that I don not like about fouts, and this goes back to my playing days, is the track that surrounds it. When we would got to other stadiums to play the crowd was more into it because they were like 5 feet from the sidelines. I mean you probably wouldn't be surprised at some of the things that we would hear from the crowd added with the things that were tossed at us.

Nice post and couldn't agree more. I work this this guy who was a tackle for TCU when they were in the CUSA. He said that it was awesome playing in front of larger crowds. He told me about playing SOMISS and that their bench was like 5 ft in front of the fans. He said they would get yelled at the whole game. When the coaches would be going over certain strategies with the players they would get hit with beer cans (yes beer). He said it was intimidating.

Okay, is there anyone on here that I know personally, maybe played with. I can't tell since everyone has code names. What's up with this Baby Arm fella? Does he have a small arm or something? I've seen Firefighter rick around I believe, and I met Emmitt on the bus down to UT, I think (I also met his mother-in-law when I went to visit coppell). So could everyone reintroduce themselves for me? Thanks!

I was pretty quite, but I was with Emmitt on the bus to UT.

Yes that was me that you met on the bus at UT. And my mother-in-law works at Colleyville Heritage not Coppell. I will be sure to tell her she made an impression....she gets a kick out of that stuff. :lol:

I'd be interested in having some real football input from Mr. Archie, X and Os, what defense to use it this situation or how the offense works here, nuts and bolts stuff. How often do you get a coach to help explain some of it to you. So many people get the basics of the game wrong.

I'd be interested in having some real football input from Mr. Archie, X and Os, what defense to use it this situation or how the offense works here, nuts and bolts stuff. How often do you get a coach to help explain some of it to you. So many people get the basics of the game wrong.

So true. I never did understand why we didn't implement a bend-but-don't break 1-10 defensive scheme. They'd never beat us on the deep ball!

And our sack total would triple.