Proud Mean Green Moment

UNT_playmaker

I was at a large real estate auction on Sunday at the DFW Westin Hotel in Irving, when the auctioneer started to announced the Denton property that was going to be auctioned off he stated, "If anyone wants to watch a very good basketball team at play they should buy this house and catch some of that good basketball that was being played at UNT" I was shocked, then suprised at what he said but it made me feel so proud of our team and my school.

Just thought I'd let eveyone know that UNT can really become the metroplex team and the metroplex has already started to take notice. I mean we have been around more than alot of other colleges in Texas, UNT founded in 1890.

If anyone has any similiar stories, try to share them on this post.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

The Saturday before the tournaments seedings were announced I was in Memphis whereing my t-shirt from the UNT/Memphis New Orleans Bowl game. When we we into Carabbas several people commented about the game and the basketball team. I suggested it would be ironic if we were matched up withj Memphis for the tourney. :lol:

Wow great story about you being in Memplhis during the pairings....

I went to Grapevine Mills a couple of weeks ago, and saw every single texas collegiate team in large supply for shirts and caps, but I have been looking for really nice NT cap for a while. I asked the guy where their UNT selection of caps were and he told me they were completely sold out. I told him before I left that you guys should supply more NT gear and you would see it sell better than all other state college teams. I bounced around the mall and ended up at Steve and Barry's and they had a huge allotment of NT t-shirts in stock at times, I was even suprised to see that all they had left was XXL. This was all way before the UNT BB Tourney Invite.

North Texas was the talk of metroplex while our BB team was representing the North Texas region at the NCAA tourney. Why were they the talk of the town, because they were the only team to represent this area in sooooooooo many years.

Team of the metroplex......

Wow great story about you being in Memplhis during the pairings....

I went to Grapevine Mills a couple of weeks ago, and saw every single texas collegiate team in large supply for shirts and caps, but I have been looking for really nice NT cap for a while. I asked the guy where their UNT selection of caps were and he told me they were completely sold out. I told him before I left that you guys should supply more NT gear and you would see it sell better than all other state college teams. I bounced around the mall and ended up at Steve and Barry's and they had a huge allotment of NT t-shirts in stock at times, I was even suprised to see that all they had left was XXL. This was all way before the UNT BB Tourney Invite.

North Texas was the talk of metroplex while our BB team was representing the North Texas region at the NCAA tourney. Why were they the talk of the town, because they were the only team to represent this area in sooooooooo many years.

Team of the metroplex......

I cut and paste this post and let my office read it. They all say thanks for making lunch a little more fun.

I'm glad all of the boys at the massage parlor got a chance to read a positive UNT post.

That's the first funny retort you ever had. +1, my friend, +1.

At our office, there is this little Philipino kid named Ijuay and when he read your post he was confused. We've been teaching him English for about 2 months now and we have him turn in this weekly writing reports. For every mistake, he is whipped by Rajin, our boss and landlord.

We let him read a few of your posts and he just started crying. When we asked why, he said "Mr. Quoner, this Playmaker, he must suffer more than all the tsunamis in the world." We whipped him for saying something that made no sense, but somehow he made his point. God bless that little freak and his magic hands of butter.

Anyway, let's just savor your +1 in peace.

Well if this is true, then im glad my posts are used somewhat to help erradicate illiteracy.

Didnt want to go there, Quoner, but I keep my part in recognizing the truce, and will continue to do so :)

Eh, I'm just bored. We can stage a slap fight or call it a day. I miss basketball.

That's the first funny retort you ever had. +1, my friend, +1.

At our office, there is this little Philipino kid named Ijuay and when he read your post he was confused. We've been teaching him English for about 2 months now and we have him turn in this weekly writing reports. For every mistake, he is whipped by Rajin, our boss and landlord.

We let him read a few of your posts and he just started crying. When we asked why, he said "Mr. Quoner, this Playmaker, he must suffer more than all the tsunamis in the world." We whipped him for saying something that made no sense, but somehow he made his point. God bless that little freak and his magic hands of butter.

Anyway, let's just savor your +1 in peace.

Posts of this nature are too few and far between!