Unt Will Not Cancel Class

UNTflyer

Email from Dr. Bataille:

"Many students and even some faculty and UNT friends have suggested we cancel classes on Friday. I have given serious thought to this request and have discussed this with others on campus as well as looked for precedents at other campuses. There are certainly reasons to do so; however, I have concluded that because Friday is the day before spring break, it is likely that faculty have made decisions about classes that day already. In addition, I am hoping that this is just the first of many opportunities for UNT to take its place in the national spotlight!"

Oh well.

Edited by UNTflyer

No classes Friday. But Dr. Bataille says so much more in that email. She really understands. "In addition, I am hoping that this is just the first of many opportunities for UNT to take its place in the national spotlight!"

Those faculty members that truly see what's going on will probably cancel Friday classes on their own.

No classes Friday. But Dr. Bataille says so much more in that email. She really understands. "In addition, I am hoping that this is just the first of many opportunities for UNT to take its place in the national spotlight!"

Those faculty members that truly see what's going on will probably cancel Friday classes on their own.

Let's hope so.

Email from Dr. Bataille:

"Many students and even some faculty and UNT friends have suggested we cancel classes on Friday. I have given serious thought to this request and have discussed this with others on campus as well as looked for precedents at other campuses. There are certainly reasons to do so; however, I have concluded that because Friday is the day before spring break, it is likely that faculty have made decisions about classes that day already. In addition, I am hoping that this is just the first of many opportunities for UNT to take its place in the national spotlight!"

Oh well.

They're unofficially cancelled. Remember the heat we took in '04 when we rearranged the entire Final Exam schedule for the New Orleans Bowl? With all of the good publicity, we don't need that to darken the skies. She knows that teachers either make it a "study day" or offer a few bonus points to those that bother to show up, and that students may start their break early. And why upset the professors that don't want them cancelled for athletics reasons? She's being very tactful by saying that they're not cancelled by her, and leaving it up to the individual teachers on how they handle their classes on the Friday before Spring Break.

They're unofficially cancelled. Remember the heat we took in '04 when we rearranged the entire Final Exam schedule for the New Orleans Bowl? With all of the good publicity, we don't need that to darken the skies. She knows that teachers either make it a "study day" or offer a few bonus points to those that bother to show up, and that students may start their break early. And why upset the professors that don't want them cancelled for athletics reasons? She's being very tactful by saying that they're not cancelled by her, and leaving it up to the individual teachers on how they handle their classes on the Friday before Spring Break.

Right on the money.

Besides, I figure the students who would sign up for a class that meets during lunch on Friday might not be the same ones who want to watch a basketball game.

Or they were too slow in registering to get the good class times.