Predictions

SUMG

Just give a guess:

What seed will we be? 15

Who will we play in the first round? Texas A&M

Where will it be? New Orleans

---I agree.... I am hoping to be a 14 seed to avoid these top 10 teams and increase our odds... not likely maybe... but possible.

---I agree.... I am hoping to be a 14 seed to avoid these top 10 teams and increase our odds... not likely maybe... but possible.

I would love for us to be a 14 or 15 seed. And, I think in any other year we would be 14 or 15 (at the lowest).

This year's NCAA tourney is just too stacked. The amount of quality teams that have won their conference tourney's from the smaller conferences is just staggering compared to any other year.

If there was ever a year to have a #16 upset a #1, it is this year.

To back up that statement, CBSsportsline still has UCLA as a 1 seed. And they have updated - unlike ESPN. Not sure when the worldwide leader updates.

Another Bracketology site has the Bruins as a 1 as well - they updated at 10pm CST(which was after UCLA lost too).

Our RPI continues to climb...we may pass Niagara today if things go right for us. I'm thinking SUMG is right...we're going to Chicago against Kansas. And yeah, I know we put too much stock in the RPI, but it's a fair measuring stick for us near the bottom of the bracket.

BTW - even after the loss yesterday UCLA is #1 in the RPI.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Sorry, but I don't see us having better than a 16th seed. The reasons are UTA, UNO, UALR, FIU and ULM. Nothing pulls your RPI down as much as losing to a 200+ team. We have more losses to 200+ teams than anyone in the tournament. Ergo, 16th seed.

To finish my prediction...New Orleans vs. Florida.

Sorry, but I don't see us having better than a 16th seed. The reasons are UTA, UNO, UALR, FIU and ULM. Nothing pulls your RPI down as much as losing to a 200+ team. We have more losses to 200+ teams than anyone in the tournament. Ergo, 16th seed.

To finish my prediction...New Orleans vs. Florida.

What is our current RPI? You're right, those losses hurt us early in the season. However, a thread yesterday specifically quoted the head of the NCAA selection committee as saying that there is a specific emphasis on two things we really have going for us: conference tournament performances, and performances without key players. Didn't we just win the tourney? Did we not just do it without KD? I think those positives FAR out play any of those lossess you just mentioned. For what it's worth, we won the lastest matchup between ULM. The committe will probably see us as what we are: a far better team than when we lost to those teams earlier.

The "more losses to 200+ teams than anyone..." is a point I'm sure they'll know. It'll be interesting to see where we are placed. In my own opinion we are probably the best possible 16 seed, or the 3rd or 4th best 15th seed.

True, but it's fun to think about all the variations. Speaking of....Bracketography.com currently has as a 15 playing UNC in Winston-Salem.

Ok that could hurt but either way we'll be playing a 1 or 2 seed who's playing close to home. We've just gotta find a way to beat whoever they throw at us.

Me earlier today....

Typical good West Texas attitude----Never give up and hope for the best.

Many posted and most thought I was wrong and I still may be... but never give up hope.!!!