The Good (and Bad) Radio Coverage

emmitt01

I just got home...FFRick and I drove straight in, watched the game, drove straight out...and since I have been within radio range of ESPN radio and the Ticket I have heard our win mentioned 7 times. (I also just saw the highlights on sportscenter) I heard of radio promo for DishNetwork on ESPN radio and the announcer said "Get a free DVR so you can rewind North Texas' last second winning shot against John Doe University in the NCAA tournament" :) A good bit of positive press.

The only person who I have heard try to spin this happy moment in a negaive light was....drumroll please.......................Craig F'n Miller. Basically took his opportunity to try to get under Jub Jub's skin about North Texas' home attendance, lack of traveling fans in Lafayette, etc. If anyone knows the guys home address let me know so I can send him a suspicious looking package.

I just got home...FFRick and I drove straight in, watched the game, drove straight out...and since I have been within radio range of ESPN radio and the Ticket I have heard our win mentioned 7 times. (I also just saw the highlights on sportscenter) I heard of radio promo for DishNetwork on ESPN radio and the announcer said "Get a free DVR so you can rewind North Texas' last second winning shot against John Doe University in the NCAA tournament" :) A good bit of positive press.

The only person who I have heard try to spin this happy moment in a negaive light was....drumroll please.......................Craig F'n Miller. Basically took his opportunity to try to get under Jub Jub's skin about North Texas' home attendance, lack of traveling fans in Lafayette, etc. If anyone knows the guys home address let me know so I can send him a suspicious looking package.

Hey pimp daddy,

In you're job can get you his address without any problem. But you can send the suspicious looking package to THE Ticket and don't forget to ask him how his Sooners are doing this season.

Emmitt...I understand it is a whip and its frustrating that we have people like Junior Miller but he is among thousands and thousands of alums that really dont acknowledge UNT and its athletics. The only thing I can say is winning cures everything and as long as Mean Green athletics are making statements, then I think people will take more notice and pride in their Alma Mater including Craig Miller.

Edited by Green Mean

That was Joe Gum on the Mike and Mike show this morning on ESPN radio doing a promo for an electronics commercial promoting a March Madness deal for an HDTV and said, "...so next time, when YOU'RE team, OUR team, the MEAN GREEN hits that game winning shot at the buzzer this March against XYZ university, then you can TIVO it back and watch it over, and over again on your new big screen HDTV.....etc".

I thought it was freakin great to hear that during the early traffic timeslot.

As for Miller, I wouldn't have even been listening, because I know better than to, but I knew George was doing a live feed from Lafayette this morning and I wanted to hear what HE had to say. To say the least he was very, very pumped up and talked maybe 10 minutes about the win, and the seasons leading up to it and the '88 season. Miller could do nothing but concentrate on the negatives, the poor attendance in ULL and comparing that to the following that DUKE has? Hey Craig, did you see the attendance on tv for tonights PAC 10 game betwee Oregon State and Cal? What a complete ASSHOLE. And I understand that most alumni haven't taken interest in our basketball team over the years. Why would they? But what makes Miller the CSer that he is is that, unlike MOST alumni, he's out there slamming us rather than simply ignoring us.

IT'S ALL GOOD and ALL GREEN!

Rick