Postgame Thoughts

Harry

Man we have some guys that can run and jump. The amzing thing is KD may be the best player on the team and didn't really play at all tonight. Big kudos to the big guy down low Wooden - he really made them respect the paint early and had some huge rebounds. He's been a victim of overhyping but really has shown his true colors since getting his nose broken. Calvin was huge for us tonight. Beautiful jumper and played some solid defense. I know Calven will get the MVP of the game but man Ben Bell was huge for us at point - it seemed like he played the entire game. I love Michael Sturns attitude and while he didn't have a huge game scoring he had some huge plays that kept the tempo in our favor. Quincy has been real steady for us on both ends and tonight was no exception. The free throw shooting is a concern but my bigger concern is our defense inside the perimiter where I think we sometime give up too easy. I am not about to rain on this parade though because that was easily the most talented team I have seen since following the program.

A HUGE kudos to Johnny and his staff. He's built this thing from the ground up and done it in a very classy way. You had to feel good seeing him make sure the guys postponed the celebration to shake hands with the ASU guys. Very classy guy win or lose. He's always been so positive about North Texas and the potential here and I am so happy to see him succeed.

Don't you just know Johnny is salivating over the recruiting opportunities this exposure will allow us? It's scary to think what this guy can do on the recruiting trail with skins on the wall.

Last note, kudos to RV who believed in Johnny when a lot of us - myself included - were wavering. A great great night for the Mean Green Family!!! GMG!

A HUGE kudos to Johnny and his staff. He's built this thing from the ground up and done it in a very classy way. You had to feel good seeing him make sure the guys postponed the celebration to shake hands with the ASU guys. Very classy guy win or lose. He's always been so positive about North Texas and the potential here and I am so happy to see him succeed.

Don't you just know Johnny is salivating over the recruiting opportunities this exposure will allow us? It's scary to think what this guy can do on the recruiting trail with skins on the wall.

He has always been a decent recruiter, but it hasn't always carried over to the court. Can't wait to see how this helps him out.

Who do we have coming in next year?

This is oneof the major things I noticed as well. I've avidly followed the squad thru audio broadcasts, but have only seen them play one time(the rebroadcast of the ULL game). So I was actually taken aback by how athletic we really were. We have kids that can jump out of the gym and acouple of kids that are cheetahs out there.

Though the game was a nailbiter score wise, I felt at any time we could run ASU out of the gym honestly.

Edited by CMJ

Guest Aquila_Viridis

The thing that jumps out from this game is how they did FINISH. They closed the door on ASU at the end.

By the way I do love those alley-oops!

One thing that impressed me is how many times the TV announcers stated that NT has the best athletes in the Sunbelt down to the number 10 spot on the roster

Or how both kept saying we could give a high seed real problems with our style of play!

One thing that impressed me is how many times the TV announcers stated that NT has the best athletes in the Sunbelt down to the number 10 spot on the roster

Actually what they said was that we are definitely the most athletic team in the Sunbelt, and one the most athletic teams they have seen all year (i.e. in the nation). They went to say that low seeded teams that give higher seeded teams problems always have 2 characteristics: (1) athleticism (2) senior guards, which they went on to point out that we have both.