2007-08 Mean Green Football Schedule - Revised?

gangrene

Ok, I already posted this on the pinned thread, but I am now questioning the accuracy. The meangreensports.com website now shows this as our 2007-08 schedule:

Date Opponent Location

Sat, Sep 01 Oklahoma at Norman, Okla.

Sat, Sep 08 SMU at Dallas

Sat, Sep 22 Florida Atlantic * Denton

Sat, Sep 29 Arkansas at Fayetteville, Ark.

Sat, Oct 06 Louisiana-Lafayette * Denton

Sat, Oct 13 Louisiana-Monroe * Denton

Sat, Oct 20 Troy * at Troy, Ala.

Sat, Oct 27 Middle Tennessee * Denton

Sat, Nov 10 Navy Denton

Thu, Nov 15 Arkansas State * at Jonesboro, Ark.

Sat, Nov 24 Western Kentucky Denton

Sat, Dec 01 Florida International * at Miami, Fla.

* Conference Games

Now, if I'm reading that correctly, we have SIX home games and the game against Louisiana Lafayette is in Denton and not Lafayette, as was originally reported. I don't know if the schedule was posted incorrectly the first time or if it is posted incorrectly now, but something's not adding up right. That Lafayette game definitely said it was being played in Lafayette the first time the schedule was posted and the corresponding article even from 3/1/07 (which is still posted) confirms that

The Sun Belt Conference schedule gets into full swing on Oct. 6 with North Texas’ game at Louisiana-Lafayette.

I can't find any article announcing that a correction or change was made to the schedule.

So what's right???

Mean Green 2007-08 Football Schedule

The press release specifically said: "The Sun Belt Conference schedule gets into full swing on Oct. 6 with North Texas’ game at Louisiana-Lafayette."

Which is why I posted that exact same comment in my initial post and why I'm so confused about where that particular game will be played. Maybe the person who wrote the press release was just reading the same schedule the rest of us read and making comments based on that schedule?

Or....maybe someone in the athletic department is just trying to prove to me why they don't post future schedules (since I've been a vocal critic of that tactic)???!!! :huh:

Which is why I posted that exact same comment in my initial post and why I'm so confused about where that particular game will be played. Maybe the person who wrote the press release was just reading the same schedule the rest of us read and making comments based on that schedule?

Or....maybe someone in the athletic department is just trying to prove to me why they don't post future schedules (since I've been a vocal critic of that tactic)???!!! :huh:

The "official" releases by both the SBC and UNT are suspect. UNT and ASU both released "official" schedules on the same day with different dates for the game (Nov. 15 and Nov. 17), go figure. I hope we have 6 home games, we need them.

ULL is an AWAY game and the official site looks like it has now been changed to show that.

Ok, I feel like I'm going crazy here :blink: ...everyone else on this thread saw that ULL was posted as a home game when I started this thread, right??? Me thinks someone is playing games with us!!!