Going From Stealth Recruiting To Stealth Reports ?

MeanGreen61

Did not see last weekends Junior Day reported in ANY of our area media. The only mention is the short report by Harry that 90 talented players attended. Understand that TD had closed practices while at SLC. Just wondering if it will now be much more difficult to follow the day to day activities and progress of the team ?

Did not see last weekends Junior Day reported in ANY of our area media. The only mention is the short report by Harry that 90 talented players attended. Understand that TD had closed practices while at SLC. Just wondering if it will now be much more difficult to follow the day to day activities and progress of the team ?

You don't think DD left his copy of "Stealth Recruiting" in his desk drawer at his former AC office and Todd Dodge started reading it? :unsure:

Are you serious?

The Mavs are on a 15 game winning streak.

The Stars are playing pretty well.

The Cowboys are signing new players

The Rangers are in spring training

The high school basketball playoffs were going on

The college league finals are happening

A baseball player in Grapevine died from being hit in the head with a baseball during practice.

I could go on and on with bigger stories in sports than a junior day including players that might or might not play D1 ball in 2 years.

Patience might be our best friend this offseason. It's a good thing we have so many other quality sports teams to watch and support this offseason.

Are you serious?

A baseball player in Grapevine died from being hit in the head with a baseball during practice.

I could go on and on with bigger stories in sports than a junior day including players that might or might not play D1 ball in 2 years.

Patience might be our best friend this offseason. It's a good thing we have so many other quality sports teams to watch and support this offseason.

That's a good point. Hell, 2 games ago the DRC just mailed it in and used an AP story instead of covering the local team. :angry:

And the term is "Low Observable". :D

Are you serious?

Yes I am serious. Normally it would get a mention in the college section of the DMN, probably the Star-Telegram and certainly a mention in the DRC or Vitos Blog as it would be an event in Denton. Also TexasPrep didn't receive any word on the event.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Yes I am serious. Normally it would get a mention in the college section of the DMN, probably the Star-Telegram and certainly a mention in the DRC or Vitos Blog as it would be an event in Denton. Also TexasPrep didn't receive any word on the event.

Vito is not on the UNT-insiders info list. Ever read a quote from RV in one of his articles?

BTW, here are some other Dodge/UNT camps:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSelect.db...;DB_OEM_ID=1800

Edited by NT80

Vito is not on the UNT-insiders info list. Ever read a quote from RV in one of his articles?

BTW, here are some other Dodge/UNT camps:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSelect.db...;DB_OEM_ID=1800

I'm aware of those camps, but the Junior Day last weekend still isn't mentioned anywhere. 90 outstanding young athletes on campus and there is zip in print about it, even on the UNT website.

I'm aware of those camps, but the Junior Day last weekend still isn't mentioned anywhere. 90 outstanding young athletes on campus and there is zip in print about it, even on the UNT website.

I couldn't find anything about it either. How are these camps advertised? It must have been out well enough in advance for that many kids to show up. Are these Junior Days just general invites to all junior athletes and notices sent out to high schools or are there personal invites given for these?

Edited by NT80

I couldn't find anything about it either. How are these camps advertised? It must have been out well enough in advance for that many kids to show up. Are these Junior Days just general invites to all junior athletes and notices sent out to high schools or are there personal invites given for these?

Yes, It was by invitation only.

Are you serious?

And with all those aforementioined listings, MeanMag, more the reason UNT "MUST" not let Todd Dodge, Incorporated :huh::) and all the positive publicity his hiring has begat our school become what UNT Athletics (solely) uses as its main promotion for the 2007 football campaign; or for the 2008 campaign or for the 2009 campaign and so forth so on...

Nothing new for most around these parts, but there is a bit of competition for media attention (and most importantly) the entertainment dollar. Hopefully, UNT never stops trying to solve this problem (which we also share with SMU and TCU FWIW). And wouldn't large group promotions be essential any year/any football season at UNT and that no matter who the ones that are on payroll or are charge in the athletic dept. in Mean Green Country?

Personally can't wait to see what the next new thing our collegiate athletic types come up with for their next new "must do" trend (such as all this "junior" committment business which I personally think is a bit of a stretch bordering on the ridiculous; I mean, when does this become a "sophmore" committment campaign). :rolleyes::no:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It is my understanding attendence was by invitation only, so that is a plus for NT. Never heard of it happening at NT but that doesn't mean it didn't.