Texas State A.d. Lashes Out At Main Fan Website....

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php...029df9a1f553b7c

If you know anything about the leadership at TxSt you will thank your lucky stars for North Texas having the services of Dr. Pohl, Dr. Battialle and RV the past several years.

I have kept up with them since BobCatFans.com's inseption back in '01 and their A.D., Larry Teis is something else. The guy has been a horrible communicator with their fans to say the least and his lack of having ANY kind of a plan to meet their goals over the years reminds me of where Dr. Hurley had us back in the mid 80's. Now in the article linked above(I don't have the actuall newspaper link, but it's probably in the thread somewhere?) he comes right out and shoots his main(and only) fan message board down pretty hard. BF.com, like GMG.com, has been fairly active in promoting events for TxSt as well as hosting fundraising events and gathering up trips out of town for their fans to suppor their teams etc....

I think in today's information world that most A.D.'s know that fan message boards are a necessary evil, especially for small schools like TxSt that only have one main board. It's where your hardest core fans meet up and you must communicate with them and I think RV has done an excellent job with us here at GMG.com. Sure, there are going to be negatives, but I'll repeat what the man himself has told me on several occasions: RV says that he knows there's going to be criticism, negative and positives from the fans and that he understands that it comes with the territory, but what would bother him the most is if NO ONE is commenting about his department. Very True. RV gets it and has on many occasions responded to positive as well as negative feedback from the fans in person, email, and GMG.com as well without lashing out. Ties on the other hand doesn't even come close to getting it. Example: He has an Ask the AD portion on the official department website in which for the past several years people have been asking him about their ONE and ONLY campaign to improve their baseball/softball facility and Ties has repeated numerous times that it's going to start at some point a month or two away, and it never does. That portion has been posted on BF.com numerous times and it's almost comical to read.

I just thought some of you would be interesting in seeing what TxSt is going through with their leadership right now. And now their one fan board is involved more directly with them than ever before. I for one would love to see them make the next step up and join the Belt(I can wish, can't I?). But reading up on their administration, and their athletic administration I can honestly say they have a long ways to go. I think they would be an excellent addition to our conference right now. Maybe someday.

Thank you RV and Dr. Battialle.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick