Unt Athletics Charges (wtf?)

UNTflyer

yeah they don't have things together over there when it comes to giving a set amount each month. here is my suggestion (or at least what i do).... set up your own plan. whatever i would give to the university every month, i set aside in to a special savings account and once a year i will write a check to the university out of that account. another problem that many of you have and you don't even know about yet is that they don't report your giving quickly enough to the development department. i.e. you want to give $1,000 to the university and be on the presidents council. when you give $500 to your college and $500 to the athletic department... the athletic department is real slow about reporting it to development. so although you are giving $1,000 it is only visible to development that you have given $500 (what your college reports).... the reason that i say you don't even know about it yet is because you only find out when you don't receive invitation to events, parking passes or other perks for being a member of the president's council and you find out this is the reason why. believe me after working in development at UNT for a while and seeing how this goes... if you can write one check, do it. if you can't, try to save the money yourself and write a check at one time otherwise keep a close eye on them

Not to point out even further how bad things are but I got a call from my wife as I was on my way to Lafayette yesterday telling me that NT had just deducted $100 from our checking account. That wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that I haven't committed to tickets or a giving level yet! <_<

If you want 2 parking passes, its very simple. All you have to do is have 2 different individuals each make one of the $250 donations rather than trying to make two $250 donations for one person. As long as its a different name, different account, they have no problem with that. You can even have the same person write the check covering the two accounts. I did this to help out my brother for a few years and never had a problem.

Easy enough and of course I thought of this, but this is a workaround. Why make something simple into a workaround situation? It just strikes me as ridiculous that they would just say "no thanks" to my offer to increase my donation.

In addition, yesterday, they charged me for my first installment and I can't come up with any math whatsoever that ends up in the amount they charged.

Seems simple...Don't tick people off when you're trying to build your fanbase.

I don't think he was whining (completely) but I agree. At any other school they wouldn't have put a tuition increase to a vote...they woulda just done it.

Tuitions are increasing at all state universities. The legislature is funding them less and expecting them to make up the difference with tuition increases and other funds. First, UNT is still a bargain compared to other state universities. Second, if you want to complain, talk to your state legislator.

Second, if you want to complain, talk to your state legislator.

You mean the legislatures who went to the same schools when tuition was 1/10 the cost. Please they never look down long enough to see who they are trampling on.

This finally got strightened out today...

Apparently another MGC member has the same last name as me. Their payment was charged to my card.

:blink:

Kudos to Gabe at the ticket office... he went the extra mile to FIND the problem and FIX IT rather than make me chase down my bank to figure the problem out.

This finally got strightened out today...

Apparently another MGC member has the same last name as me. Their payment was charged to my card.

:blink:

Kudos to Gabe at the ticket office... he went the extra mile to FIND the problem and FIX IT rather than make me chase down my bank to figure the problem out.

Two fans with the same last name?!?!? YES! We are making progress! :)