Tulsa @ Ulm Will Kickoff Espn2 2007 Tv Season

MeanGreen61

ULM-TULSA KICKOFF 2007 ON ESPN2

Courtesy of ULM Media Relations

MONROE, La.

---

ULM will kickoff the 2007 football season against Tulsa onThursday, Aug. 30 on ESPN2. Game time at Malone Stadium is set for 6 p.m.It will be the first college football telecast on the ESPN networks for the2007 season. "We are extremely excited to kickoff ESPN's 2007 college football schedule,"said ULM director of athletics Bobby Staub. "To have our home openerbroadcast into over 90 million homes is a tremendous opportunity to showcaseour team, our University and our community." This will be the third meeting between the two schools with the series tiedat one game each, the first time the game will be played in Monroe. In thefirst meeting in 1977, the Golden Hurricane won, 37-35, on a 52-yard fieldgoal kicked on the last play of the game. In 1999, ULM won, 37-34, in the last game of the season. Then-freshmanquarterback Andy Chance hit on 25 of 35 passing for 258 yards and ran for122. ULM was down 20-10 at the half, then scored 13 in the third quarterand 14 in the fourth. Cedric Robinson and Nate Jones had big interceptionsto seal the win for ULM. The Warhawks begin 2007 spring practice on Tuesday, March 6 with the SpringGame scheduled for 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 31 at Malone Stadium. The full 2007 ULM football schedule will be released later this week afterthe Sun Belt Conference releases the league schedule.

I'm glad our league is getting national exposure, but that sure seems like a rather weak game, to be the first televised college football game of the year.

I don't know how you can say any game is weak for the first televised college football game of the year. IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! Oh, how I miss you college football.

I'm glad our league is getting national exposure, but that sure seems like a rather weak game, to be the first televised college football game of the year.

I think the ad just said it was the ESPN network's first televised game of the year. I would imagine that ABC or one of the other networks would have a marquee matchup to start the season.