A Special Message

Quoner

Oh man that's funny! Tim Hardaway will never out-live that comment. For the rest of his life he will be the target of guys like Jimmy Kimmell and Ellen DeGeneras. Tim Hardaway was a great BBall player, and was a good guy when he was a Mav. I dont know where his hatred comes from, but he will have a lot more time to think about it now...

GMG!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

This belongs on non-UNT sports, if at all.

Although I don't hate gay people, I'm fed up with this double standard. Tim Hardaway expressed his views freely in an interview. He did not set out to bash gay people. Where is his right to freedom of speech? A gay person can say anything that they want without criticism.

Hardaway should not have used the word hate but other than that he's entitled to his opinion.

Although I don't hate gay people, I'm fed up with this double standard. Tim Hardaway expressed his views freely in an interview. He did not set out to bash gay people. Where is his right to freedom of speech? A gay person can say anything that they want without criticism.

Hardaway should not have used the word hate but other than that he's entitled to his opinion.

You have the right to say whatever you want in this country, and the price you pay for babbling ignorance & hate is criticism. I'm sure you wouldn't think its a double standard if Dirk came out and said he hated blacks.

That...was...pretty funny.

He did not set out to bash gay people.

Ummm...what were his intentions then?

He is absolutely entitled to his right to free speech, however, the way he worded it made him sound pretty bad.

I guarantee you, most gays couldn't care less what an ass like Hardaway thinks of them...or what he has to say about them. They've been ripped on forever and come to expect that sort of thing. The media, however, loves to make people who say things that are beyond off-color look worse than Hitler.

To hate anyone for who they are is total bullshit. I'd be interested in seeing how Timmy would react to a teammate going on the radio and talking about how he doesn't want to share a locker room with black people and how much he can't stand being around black people because he hates them.

Agreed with the Dub...

Lots of things are "free." Speech, right to bear arms, sex with the dirty girl down the hall.... just because they are free, doesn't mean they don't come with a price.

In this society, the price for stupidity is ridicule; especially if you are a public figure.

ShaneB

Guest JohnDenver

Ugh... he does have the right to say what he wants. He also has the right to take the heat (heat? ha) for what he says. He also has the right to take the jokes that come his way.

A gay person can't say, "I hate black people -- let me get that out -- I hate them -- I don't think they belong in the same dance club as me" without getting criticized.

You are kidding yourself you think gay people have the white card on freedom.