2008 Recruiting...a Few Nibbles Out There This Early

OldTimer

Rivals

QB Riley Dodge SLC 5-11, 168, 4.67 Offers from Missouri, NT, Rice, SMU, Tulsa showed interest in OK UT, TT

WR Blake Cantu SLC 6-1, 191, 4.5 Considering Louisville, Old Miss, TT, NT and SMU..no offers Jr. Stats 80 catches for 1283 yards and 14 tD's

Ath: Willie Taylor Dallas Hillcrest 5-10, 159, 4.5 Considering OKSt, A$M, West Virginia, NT and Tulsa Verball offers from A$M and Tulsa..RB as soph, played QB jr. year completed 191 rushes for 739 yds and 7 TD's, 128 of 248 passes, 18 interceptions, 1634 yds and 10 TD's. Will likely play kick returner and WR in college.

Scout.com

Cody Gorman, Tulsa Memorial HS, 5-10, 178, Considering NT, OK, OKSt, SMU and Tulsa...has anyone heard whether NT will still recruit in OK?

One other from non recruiting sources...MY PAL QB Jeremy Nobles, Lufkin 5-11, 185 lists NT as his favorite school..He played backup QB to Claybon last year.

I have never looked up recruiting info this early...just a hangover from 2006 recruiting. Interesting that Tre Newman is shown on Rivals but doesn't list NT. I really wanted this kid, but if Cam Montgomery and Micah Mosley come through and JaMO returns to form against spread defenses we won't hurt at this position. Really excited about Mosley but he does seem to have a history of injuries he worked through.

Interesting that Tre Newman is shown on Rivals but doesn't list NT.

Who's Tre Newman? :lol:

Thanks for posting the info. I've commented about Riley's consideration set before :angry: , so I won't beat that dead horse again.

Blake Cantu has some skills. He had a nice, one-handed catch in an SLC highlight reel and had a good junior season. I think (and hope) we'll have the advantage with Cantu at recruitment time. I didn't think he was that tall though...guess he's still a growing boy!

I don't know a thing about the other recruits you posted, but it sure is nice seeing UNT being considered with schools like West Virginia, A & M and OK (that's OU right?)!!