Green Jackets?

letsgiveacheer

Unfortunately...Green Jackets, a super spirit and service organization, died a peaceful death ca. 1975. Two big reasons: Other service organizations on campus were giving them a run for their money, specifically Tri Service and Alpha Phi Omega. Also...Talons, previously all male, began letting girls in. Why should you want to join an all-women's spirit group when you could join Talons and mix with the guys?

How about a Spirit Summit - a coming together to create ideas where synergy can occur. I am all for spirit groups having their own identity but the following needs to occur:

1. Idea brainstorm - generate 20, 30 or 50 things that need to occur from a spirit and attendance generating point of view.

2. Through the "dot exercise" narrow that list to 10 or however many groups there are now (dot exercise = everyone gets 3 dots - place the dot next to your top three priority areas. The 5, 7 or 10 ideas with the MOST dots are selected and each spirit group takes one of the areas.

3. The spirit group must put together a strategy plan to impact that area and submit it to the Athetic department by X date.

4. Follow up meetings are set every 6 weeks to check the status of that action plan and progress.

5. Strategy plans are either reinforced because they are working, tweaked because they are almost there or scrapped because they fell apart.

6. Enjoy season with increased attendance numbers and spirit effects.

7. Repeat exercise in the summer to impact basketball season.

GMG

How about a Spirit Summit - a coming together to create ideas where synergy can occur. I am all for spirit groups having their own identity but the following needs to occur:

1. Idea brainstorm - generate 20, 30 or 50 things that need to occur from a spirit and attendance generating point of view.

2. Through the "dot exercise" narrow that list to 10 or however many groups there are now (dot exercise = everyone gets 3 dots - place the dot next to your top three priority areas. The 5, 7 or 10 ideas with the MOST dots are selected and each spirit group takes one of the areas.

3. The spirit group must put together a strategy plan to impact that area and submit it to the Athetic department by X date.

4. Follow up meetings are set every 6 weeks to check the status of that action plan and progress.

5. Strategy plans are either reinforced because they are working, tweaked because they are almost there or scrapped because they fell apart.

6. Enjoy season with increased attendance numbers and spirit effects.

7. Repeat exercise in the summer to impact basketball season.

GMG

This is actually a very good idea. Get all the different groups to meet to find a way to work together.

--I knew several Green Jackets in the 60's and they were good people (girls) and served the university well. I knew a few Talons and was not impressed with them... one I had a minor incident with... he had a bad attitude problem... sorta of I am a Talon and you are trash attitude... He got over that one. ... at least until I was out of his sight. LOL

I know nothing about the current group... I know Tech has a very active unit "the Saddle tramps". that work hard for school pride and spirit.