Did Anyone Remember This At The Press Conference

UNT_playmaker

Hey for you guys who went to the conference and actually had the privilege of talking to Better in North Texas Todd Dodge. Did you guys remember Dodge saying their was a secret story about what Riley Dodge, when he was younger really thinks about Denton and that some might find it funny, he never elaborated but said that if somene asked him privately he would tell it to that person....

Wonder if anyone took him up on his offer, and maybe they could share it on the board....I personally think Dodge's son doesnt have a favorable impression of Denton and that he most likely wont come abroad with the Mean Green......

Also dont forget to go to the bball game, last saturday game, lets get the team pumped for the big tourney coming up all.

Hey for you guys who went to the conference and actually had the privilege of talking to Better in North Texas Todd Dodge. Did you guys remember Dodge saying their was a secret story about what Riley Dodge, when he was younger really thinks about Denton and that some might find it funny, he never elaborated but said that if somene asked him privately he would tell it to that person....

Wonder if anyone took him up on his offer, and maybe they could share it on the board....I personally think Dodge's son doesnt have a favorable impression of Denton and that he most likely wont come abroad with the Mean Green......

Uh, OK................... :blink:

First of all, if Todd Dodge had had a "Denton put down" story that came from his son Riley to tell privately to anyone from UNT or Denton, I don't think he would have brought the subject up at all in the first place. I mean (come on now) how much real sense would that have made?

With Denton having the largest number of beautiful co-eds for a college town in the entire USA, might a much younger Riley Dodge have commented to his dad about "all the cool looking girls" in Denton, Texas, America? :wub: Something such as that kind of a comment or a similar funny comment is what I believe Coach Dodge would have shared privately with anyone from our main campus or Denton who would have wanted in on the secret story.

Would it have made much sense for a new UNT hire at his standing-room-only news conference that would officially announce his hire to tell a story that would originate from any member of his family that would be disparaging of the school (that just hired him) and the city that his new employer is located? :rolleyes:Anyhooooooo..........what kind of intelligent or progressive thinking coach would (in any form or fashion) put down his own employer or (hellsbells) maybe even the alums and fans of his employer of which he would like to support his teams in record-breaking numbers? Whoops! Excuse me for bringing that subject up. :blink::P

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

No No I never thought of it as a put down of Denton....not at all....

It was a story about Riley Dodge having a bad experience in Denton when he was little. He said he would tell to someone in private casue it was embarrassing to Riley, from what I remember...

It would be interesting to find out especially since he might be coming to Denton.

No No I never thought of it as a put down of Denton....not at all....

It was a story about Riley Dodge having a bad experience in Denton when he was little. He said he would tell to someone in private casue it was embarrassing to Riley, from what I remember...

It would be interesting to find out especially since he might be coming to Denton.

Let me get this straight, you want someone to inquire about an embarrassing story about a potential recruit so that it can then be posted on a message board?

Where do you come up with this stuff?