Rivals On New Coaches

emmitt01

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=639989

Apparently we averaged 26 touchdowns a game when Dodge was OC back in 92. :lol: And, of course, we are a stepping stone job.

Nice article, besides the "stepping stone" comment, it was o.k. We don't want everyone else to feel the same way we do about Dodge. If we take one of the two big ones(OU or ARK) and take out smu and/or NAVY, we don't want anyone else noticing. Let's hope all these guys(that we don't play) do a fine job. I already see a Dodge raise in the works.

Nice article, besides the "stepping stone" comment, it was o.k. We don't want everyone else to feel the same way we do about Dodge. If we take one of the two big ones(OU or ARK) and take out smu and/or NAVY, we don't want anyone else noticing. Let's hope all these guys(that we don't play) do a fine job. I already see a Dodge raise in the works.

CHASING EVEN MORE GREEN-TINTED RABBITS... :rolleyes::whip:

The very few times the last 25 years it appears UNT is finally onto something quite positive personnel-wise in our quest for a possible move up the NCAA D1-A rankings ladder, all the (could they possibly even be "Jealous Jethro" sportswriter-types for heaven's sake) :blink: come up with the same old boring feature stories, ie, the old stepping-stone school card in our case; or our school being a good temporary stop-gap; or a place that only a fool would want to come to, work and stay, etc, etc, etc. :)

Well..............might it be a revelation to some of these sportswriters who most always seem to run out of new and creative writing material or ideas when "aspiring to be upwardly bound schools" like UNT actually hire a bright, young energetic coach and that we all sorta' know (without their non-stop writing about it to remind us) that we already know we are a stepping-stone type of opportunity; yet don't they consider that there are still about 90 plus other D1-A schools in the same boat? And might they also consider that just maybe UNT is in the works to remove some barriers that make us less a stepping-stone stop gap type of school?

Maybe all these bore-rrrrrrring, uncreative sports-writers should also write about all those other NCAA D1-A stepping-stone schools, too, to take away all this focus and lime-light that I guess some of these future Pulitzer Prize winnners seem to think UNT may be getting a bit too much of? :rolleyes:

I guarantee that the ribbon-cutting of a brand new sparkling 40,000 seat stadium over at the Mean Green Village at Eagle Point Campus will more than cut in half some of these stepping-stone articles from sportswriters who dwell on that subject to the point of ad nausem; somewhat like I'm sure it reduced such "back-handed" features stories for U of Lousiville when UNT's former Missouri Valley Conference-mate built their own 40,000 seat Papa John Stadium, ie, a real college football palace that I wish UNT could copy their blueprints to a tee.

Anyone feel the spirit leading them to link a photo of UL's Papa John Stadium to show all our newbies', new UNT student posters and lurkers what I am talking about here? Sorry, but my computer skills are still lacking in some areas, but my keyboarding speed has really picked up the last few years of posting on GMG.com! :rolleyes::

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=639989

Apparently we averaged 26 touchdowns a game when Dodge was OC back in 92. :lol: And, of course, we are a stepping stone job.

That would be 156 points per game. That would have to be some kind of record...or a horrible typo. Even 26 TDs per season is 2+ per game. I missed out on the '92 season so I don't know if we did that or not.