Mccalebb Is The Devil

CMJ

One of the guys on the NO Board put it well. I like taking a TO to set your defense with 4 seconds and over when the opposition doesn't have one, because that's enough time for a frenetic play to occur. You'd like to get your assignments and avoid breakdown and avoid a Tyus Edney type drive.

But 2 seconds?

No.

Edited by CMJ

Missed the game. But am I hearing this correctly that JJ called a timeout when we were up 1 with 2 seconds left and UNO was out of TOs??? How can anyone defend this man's coaching ability?

You guys crack me up. If he didn't call the time out, y'all would be railing about how he didn't use his last time out to set the proper defense. McCallob hit the crazy three DOUBLE TEAMED. Tough, tough loss. I know, I was there and have a hoarse voice. Believe or not, I am very encouraged by what I saw tonight. Our guards were really struggling, but we played big time strong to the post. When UNO has 21 points off of 3 point shots, and we have 3 points off of 3's late in the second half.... and only down by 2 points...you know we have been grinding it out. The reason we lost the game was not b/c of poor coaching, but our guards inability to hit their shots tonight. Had they come remotely close to their averages, we would have whipped UNO handily given our huge performance by Wooden/Williams.

Edited by chrisfisher

Chris, it was a dumb decision. We weren't even second guessing it in the chatroom after the shot went in. We were first guessing it as soon as the TO was called. You bring up some good points. We dominated UNO down in the post, and Watson and Davis were both miserable from the floor...

We also MADE OUR FREE THROWS, which no one has mentioned.

But that was a horrible coaching call. It's not grounds for firing or anything...no one game is. We're still having a good season. But if this starts a spiral I sure as hell know who and what I'm going to blame.

Let's just beat the snot out of Monroe!

Chris, it was a dumb decision. We weren't even second guessing it in the chatroom after the shot went in. We were first guessing it as soon as the TO was called. You bring up some good points. We dominated UNO down in the post, and Watson and Davis were both miserable from the floor...

We also MADE OUR FREE THROWS, which no one has mentioned.

But that was a horrible coaching call. It's not grounds for firing or anything...no one game is. We're still having a good season. But if this starts a spiral I sure as hell know who and what I'm going to blame.

Let's just beat the snot out of Monroe!

Good post.

We also MADE OUR FREE THROWS,

early needs to be added to that. We missed them late that cost us the game just like in the last UNO game and why a lot of our games have been close this season. We are the 3rd worst free throw shooting team in the belt. That won't win conference championships or tourney games.

I would like to add that both our big men had double doubles tonight and lead the team in scoring. THAT is a good sign that we can build off of. There are not many nights C-Watt will be 1-7 from behind the arc and we will be 1-11 over all. Our guards had an off night which is to be expected every so often.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

early needs to be added to that. We missed them late that cost us the game just like in the last UNO game and why a lot of our games have been close this season. We are the 3rd worst free throw shooting team in the belt. That won't win conference championships or tourney games.

We were 23 of 29. UNO was 10 of 18.

Basically reverse of what usually happens in our losses. They missed just as many down the stretch as we did...including at least 1 front end of a one and one.

The odd thing is, everybody's right.

It turns out the TO didn't work. A slight change in a chance occurance, however, and it might have worked. So everybody's right.

The one predictable factor, however, was their stellar junior in the No. 1 jersey. If you let the ball get to the fourth-highest average scorer in the country with enough time to launch one, he'll launch one.

Kinda sucked the air out of the Pit. But let's lay off the "starting a spiral" business. I think we still want the team to go out there believing they can beat anybody they're playing, not moping around about being losers.

Oh, and I don't think McCaleb actually is the devil. He just sold his soul to Beelzebub in exchange for a hot hand.

Kinda sucked the air out of the Pit. But let's lay off the "starting a spiral" business. I think we still want the team to go out there believing they can beat anybody they're playing, not moping around about being losers.

JJ believes that we are going to win the SBC tourny. Last night in his interview he said that their goal all along was to go to the NCAA tourny, and that he believes our team is an NCAA caliber team that can win some games in the post season. We'll see...

Missed the game. But am I hearing this correctly that JJ called a timeout when we were up 1 with 2 seconds left and UNO was out of TOs??? How can anyone defend this man's coaching ability?

Way off in left field here but I gotta give you some crap. Not stinky crap, just a little ribbing crap is all. But are you telling me you missed the game, and your no longer defending the coach?

Rick

Way off in left field here but I gotta give you some crap. Not stinky crap, just a little ribbing crap is all. But are you telling me you missed the game, and your no longer defending the coach?

Rick

Unfortunately, Thursdays is one of my late days at work. It's been awhile since I've defended JJ. I am definitely still a defender of supporting UNT basketball though.