Season Record Predictions

emmitt01

wow... and we just belittled 4 straight SBC titles... if Dodge only wins 3 in a row, will we hate him too?

Nobody belittled "4 straight SBC titles." It is quite obvious that your man-crush on DD has caused you to take a biased approach to all of this.

My reason for wanting DD to go? Look at what Coach Dodge has done in a little over a month. More positive publicity, more positive media exposure, TD goes after all-state caliber players and isn't scared about someone "stealing" them away from NT, creates great relationships with the HS coaches in this state, recruits the Metroplex, something one local HS coach said was NEVER done under DD and TD talks about NT being the Metroplex's Team and succeeding and building the program. All things DD never, ever did.

So again, as greenminer requested, please show us where anyone on here has belittled our 4 straight SBC titles.

My reason for wanting DD to go? Look at what Coach Dodge has done in a little over a month. More positive publicity, more positive media exposure, TD goes after all-state caliber players and isn't scared about someone "stealing" them away from NT, creates great relationships with the HS coaches in this state, recruits the Metroplex, something one local HS coach said was NEVER done under DD and TD talks about NT being the Metroplex's Team and succeeding and building the program. All things DD never, ever did.

Very well said UNTLifer. Nobody discounts the success that DD brought the program over those 4 years (even though we were not competitive in 3 out of the 4 bowl games). But, DD's attitude over the last few years was never going to bring the university any kind of respect from the media or fans of the university.

I thought Matt Simon was the last coach that actually tried to build up the university and the football teams relationship with the fans. Matt may not have been highly successful on the field. But, at least he gave an effort outside of just coaching the football team. I have always respected Matt for that.

What if we actually beat OU?

I know: not realistic. Or pull a Central Michigan - Michigan thing and keep it close. (maybe it was Western Mich)

Or funnier yet, beat OU and then LOSE to SMU!

THAT would make for some interesting message board reading.

one thing is for sure, dodge wont be taking our boys up there to play close or get out alive. that feels good to know, whether the score is 65-0 or 28-24

What if we actually beat OU?

I know: not realistic. Or pull a Central Michigan - Michigan thing and keep it close. (maybe it was Western Mich)

Or funnier yet, beat OU and then LOSE to SMU!

THAT would make for some interesting message board reading.

--That sounds like TCU in 2005... They defeated OU, then lost to SMU, then won the rest.