Colleges Where State And National Top Players Are Going

WIFE2HOT4U

A family affair

Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fossil Ridge senior Ben Leung, who accepted an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy on Wednesday morning, had plenty of family support.

In addition to his parents, his sister Alina also was in attendance. Alina Leung is a 2005 graduate of Fossil Ridge, and now a student at Oklahoma City University.

Alina joked about how her "little" brother better appreciate her presence.

"I woke up at 6:45 a.m. for this," she said. "It's a big day, to know that after graduation he's set, and it's free."

— Heidi Pederson

The list he was talking about was state and national only but you are right about 4 state and 6 area commitments.

This is an amazing comeback story for Mean Green football recruiting in DFW as far as our 4 state top 100's from the FWST and 6 off of its Top 50 area list. NOTE: Not to be over-looked, but UNT had 2 who were listed on the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 area list (one of which was Tomlinson of Klein).

Anyone else get the feeling that this year was Todd Dodge's wake-up call for future Metroplex recruiting as well as to the uttermost parts of the nation of Texas. :rolleyes:

Lead us, Coach Dodge, we are following...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We only got one player from the Dallas Morning New Area Top 100 - Jordan Scoggins; we got none from their State Top 100.

Where the DMN Area Top 100 Signed (Note - three didn't sign, but aren't listing us as options either):

SMU 10

Baylor 10

TCU 9

Texas 6

Okla State 6

Arkansas 5

Rice 4

Houston 3

Nebraska 3

Oklahoma 3

Texas A&M 3

Missouri 3

Miami 2

Tulsa 2

UTEP 2

Kansas St 2

Kansas 2

Tex Tech 2

Navarro 2

California 1

Tulane 1

Missouri St 1

Emporia St 1

UNT 1

Trinity Vall 1

BYU 1

Iowa State 1

Utah State 1

Utah 1

Arizona 1

Colo State 1

Texas St 1

UL-Monroe 1

UL-Lafayet 1

Arizona St 1

LSU 1

Minnesota 1

The DaMN top 100 list never compares to the Fort Worth Star Telegram's top 100.

The DaMN beleives their sports writers have picked the very best players, so the DaMN will print

only players signed off THEIR top 100.

Do you think the DaMN will print the Fort Worth Star Telegram's State top 100 players along with the fact NT signed 4 of these players, or the fact NT signed 6 players from the FWST top 50 Area

players? NT signed numerious "All State" players from 5A,4A,and 3A programs-where is the info?

Do you think the DaMN will note NT signed 7 players from DCTB top 300?

Do you think the DaMN will note that NT signed 4 players off the Texas Sports Writer's Association top 100?

Do you think the DaMN will note NT signed 2 Houston Chronical Top 100 players?

Why does the DaMN rate Sam Roberson as a "sleeper"--because he was recruited by Alabama,

Clemson, Kentucky and other top SEC programs? No, he signed with NT.

So do not beleive the DaMN which seems to always find a way to give a negative slant to NT.

Even Lucy Mike Duce on the 6 pm news yesterday, had to take a shot. The last recruiting news clip was of course NT. His report was "ok" until his last statement-"this class is only ranked 116

of of 119 schools". He just had to make that crap statement!! See what I mean!

Yeah... I don't care at all what the DMN or FWST or Dave Campbell or Max Emfinger thinks of the guys we signed. It is all a crapshoot, even with blue chippers. How many five star guys have gone to the BCS school and disappeared? How many two and three star prospects end up being stars?

It is about coaching, dedication, preparation, execution, and discipline. I think we have all of those.

They can have the recruiting rankings. I'll take wins.

The DaMN top 100 list never compares to the Fort Worth Star Telegram's top 100.

The DaMN beleives their sports writers have picked the very best players, so the DaMN will print

only players signed off THEIR top 100.

Do you think the DaMN will print the Fort Worth Star Telegram's State top 100 players along with the fact NT signed 4 of these players, or the fact NT signed 6 players from the FWST top 50 Area

players? NT signed numerious "All State" players from 5A,4A,and 3A programs-where is the info?

Do you think the DaMN will note NT signed 7 players from DCTB top 300?

Do you think the DaMN will note that NT signed 4 players off the Texas Sports Writer's Association top 100?

Do you think the DaMN will note NT signed 2 Houston Chronical Top 100 players?

Why does the DaMN rate Sam Roberson as a "sleeper"--because he was recruited by Alabama,

Clemson, Kentucky and other top SEC programs? No, he signed with NT.

So do not beleive the DaMN which seems to always find a way to give a negative slant to NT.

Even Lucy Mike Duce on the 6 pm news yesterday, had to take a shot. The last recruiting news clip was of course NT. His report was "ok" until his last statement-"this class is only ranked 116

of of 119 schools". He just had to make that crap statement!! See what I mean!

The Dallas Morning News list is provided by Rivals. These systems are interesting anyway. Someone posted a link to the Top 100 from I believe 2001, and only a handful lived up to their expectations. The most effective measure of a recruiting class is to wait three or four years and measure their production.

Oh, I see. Since the DMN doesn't have as many UNT recruits listed, they don't know what they're talking about. But, the FWST does because it has more UNT recruits listed. Interesting.

I find alot of hypocrisy here regarding recruiting. From time to time, people have slammed Dickey for not getting more people on this or that list, but then say "lists don't count, results do" if a list doesn't have enough recruits from our class that signed yesterday.

So, which is it? Do the lists count, or not? Or, do you simply cling to the notion that the only list that counts is the one that has the most UNT prospects?

Well? And, if lists don't count, is Tulsa ahead of us? They signed more DFW area players, listed or not, than we did.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Read the 7th post.Not all top recruits are top players.

Yes, we know that. Also, the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

My point was, some people here are choosy about which list they like. DMN only had one UNT recruit, so it was pooh-poohed in favor of the FWST list.

And, over the past three months, many here have droned on and on about how Darrell Dickey didn't get this many or that many recruits from area or state Top 50/75/100 lists. But, they also say lists don't matter. All I did was asked those people to clarify, do they or don't they matter? I already know the answer - whichever one shows the most UNT players counts; the rest don't. Obviously.

However, I can guarantee that if it had been us that had signed 10 of the Area Top 100 from the DMN list, or any other list, you'd be trying to nominate Dodge for the College Football Hall of Fame.

However, I can guarantee that if it had been us that had signed 10 of the Area Top 100 from the DMN list, or any other list, you'd be trying to nominate Dodge for the College Football Hall of Fame.

I'm shocked that someone on this board thought you were Kenny Evans. Evans was an intelligent man with well thought out aguements.