ntsumgspe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep 'em coming!

Did anyone hear the guy from Rivals on the Ticket this morning? Talked Big XII, talked USC/Florida, talked (complimented) North Texas and Dodge, talked a lot of TCU...NO mention of SMU. :lol:

And GrayEagleOne, do notice I have absolutely nothing to say about the SMU part. And am glad to read that their Dr. Turner is thinking bigger for their athletic program; albeit touting La Tech in the DMN over UNT for CUSA was not a very good beginning in that direction. WHOOPS! :blink: GOL' DARN IT! :rolleyes::

CARRY ON, COACH DODGE & STAFF!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Catherine Pollack from Denton will be joining the team in the fall of 2007. It looks like head coach John Hedlund is continuing to recruit the top talent in the Metroplex.

Catherine Pollock, Defender, Denton, Texas (Denton High School)

She is one of the best defenders in the metroplex. As a freshman she was named the District 8-4A Freshman of the Year. Pollock was named all-state, all-region, and all-county as a freshman. She was a member of the 2004 Denton High School team that won the Class 4A State title. Pollock plays for the club team D’Feeters ‘89, which is ranked 36th nationally and 6th regionally.

Damn, I got scared for a second. I thought we were trying to pull an Unnecessary Roughness and a sign a female soccer player to kick for us. Whew...gotta let myself calm down now.

Edited by gangrene

Catherine Pollack from Denton will be joining the team in the fall of 2007. It looks like head coach John Hedlund is continuing to recruit the top talent in the Metroplex.

Catherine Pollock, Defender, Denton, Texas (Denton High School)

She is one of the best defenders in the metroplex. As a freshman she was named the District 8-4A Freshman of the Year. Pollock was named all-state, all-region, and all-county as a freshman. She was a member of the 2004 Denton High School team that won the Class 4A State title. Pollock plays for the club team D’Feeters ‘89, which is ranked 36th nationally and 6th regionally.

Damn, I got scared for a second. I thought we were trying to pull an Unnecessary Roughness and a sign a female soccer player to kick for us. Whew...gotta let myself calm down now.

if she's as hot as kathy ireland was, then it's all gooood to me!

Edited by radiogreen

from the NT athletic site:

Coach Dodge and his staff have had basically three weeks to put together this class and from all indications it is shaping up to be a very good one. Since recruiting began on Jan. 15, the coaching staff has logged over 35,000 miles and made more than 300 in-home or school visits in a total of 18 days on the road. In three recruiting weekends more than 40 recruits made official visits to the North Texas campus.

With the receipt of Jesse DeSoto's LOI, looks like there are 3 still missing: 1. Vizza 2. J.J. Johnson 3. Kevin Ealey.

Throw in Cam Montgomery who has already signed and add transfers Fentriss and Garden and that gives us 18 so far with three to go. I am not worried about Ealey and Johnson but Vizza is starting to worry me.

Edited by Eagle-96

Here are some videos of SA Lee. Jesse Desoto is Number 11 in white in all the videos. You have to paste the link and use the enlargement tool to increase the screen size so you can actually watch the video.

These are the other team videos.

MacArthur vs. Lee

Churchill vs. Lee

Reagan vs. Lee

Another Reagan vs. Lee

Edited by GreenBat

Vizza would be in a pretty good situation here.

• He has some really talented receivers coming in.
  • A wide open QB race.
  • A chance to play for TD in the spread offense.
I just can't see him changing his mind at the last minute.

Still, he is the only QB that has been recruited by TD, which makes me a bit nervous that he has not yet signed.

Edited by akriesman

I am not worried about Ealey and Johnson but Vizza is starting to worry me.

Johnson could be a big player in the future of NT at center. I have read some pretty good things about this kid. I would really like to see his name quickly as well, there weer some other schools hot after this kid

From the signing day blog.

10:09 a.m.

Ya know, Hank Dickenson made a good point not long ago that sparked our curiosity. So we checked the feedback data that we get from MeanGreenSports.com and this signing day blog is already the most viewed article ever on a single day for our web site. As of 10 a.m., which is just three hours after we started this blog, we have already had more than 2,500 page views. Now, if everyone that has viewed this web site today would buy season tickets, we will be well on our way to filling up Fouts Field for Coach Dodge’s inaugural season!

Johnson could be a big player in the future of NT at center. I have read some pretty good things about this kid. I would really like to see his name quickly as well, there weer some other schools hot after this kid

I didn't mean I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't sign. I meant that I am not worried that Johnson and Ealy would sign as they appeared to be solid. Whereas Vizza already wavered from Nevada. It has me worried that he is taking more time to think about it.

Edited by Eagle-96