Men Win 74-70

GreenBat

Has anyone considered that the over rated chant facilitated Courtney Lee to foul out from him trying to hard and to "shut us up?"

No

That guy is really good! I am glad he fouled out but i seriously doubt his fouling out had anything to do with the pit crew chanting overrated at him. He was trying to win a game for his team and had he not fouled out I would have bet he would have accomplished that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

That guy is really good! I am glad he fouled out but i seriously doubt his fouling out had anything to do with the pit crew chanting overrated at him. He was trying to win a game for his team and had he not fouled out I would have bet he would have accomplished that.

ding ding ding.

look, for all of you in the Pit Crew, im not slamming you. Im just saying, everyone around us, including the friends I brought were asking "why are they chanting overrated with this much time to go?". none of us knew, no one around us knew, in fact the only people that knew what the hell yall were talking about was... the Pit Crew!

Keep up the good work, just think up some chants that aren't so universal or are more specific. I get it now, but it was impossible to figure out the whole story line by just showing up to the game.

ding ding ding.

look, for all of you in the Pit Crew, im not slamming you. Im just saying, everyone around us, including the friends I brought were asking "why are they chanting overrated with this much time to go?". none of us knew, no one around us knew, in fact the only people that knew what the hell yall were talking about was... the Pit Crew!

Keep up the good work, just think up some chants that aren't so universal or are more specific. I get it now, but it was impossible to figure out the whole story line by just showing up to the game.

From now on we'll chant with subtitles.

Eagle1855............do you honestly believe that had no overated chant ever have been uttered, that NT continues to dominate WKU thoughout the 2nd half just and wins in a big margin?

BTW, Courtney Lee is far from overated - but he has to expect that kind of stuff being as talented as he is.

Eagle1855............do you honestly believe that had no overated chant ever have been uttered, that NT continues to dominate WKU thoughout the 2nd half just and wins in a big margin?

haha, no, I don't seriously believe the overrated cheer was the reason we barely got out of that game. I said it was probably used as inspiration/motivation for a team that was down by a lot on the road.

I think lack of effort, an injured Keith Wooden, and an overzealous whistle-happy ref led to the dissolution of the 21 point lead.

The chant was just curious to me at that time in the game. nothing more...

BTW, Courtney Lee is far from overated - but he has to expect that kind of stuff being as talented as he is.

I think if no overrated chant had been said, it wouldn't have been as embarrassing when they came all the way back. and like I said earlier, when a guy is scoring at will that is hardly being overrated.. theres no reason the overrated chant ever be brought out with more then 5 minutes left in the game.

an injured Keith Wooden

No doubt that we were a different team without the dual Williams/Wooden threat after Wooden left the game. I really hope Wooden is able to play tonight and the face mask won't affect his game. I know if I broke my nose, I'd be hesitant to make fast, inside moves, face mask or not.

Edited by chrisfisher

The reason that alst game happened the way it did come down to THREE simple things...

1. WKU had no real answer for Wooden/Williams... They were just throwing guys in there and having them hold, push, punch, anything tehy could to stop them. Once Wooden left the double teams came fast and furious on Williams and the High Low action was gone.

2. Courtney Lee is a bad ass... I am ok with the overrated chant if the guy is blowing chunks on the court but when he is blowing your teams lead away with ease...it's time to find a new bitch... pardon my language...

3. Justin Barnett graduated....sorry I really couldnt come up with a 3rd reason and everyone knows I am a Barnett Fan For Life! Now thats retro GMG.com right there...anyone remember that thread??? E-Bone, Coach, Dub????