Muzzy Denied Extra Year

Harry

http://meangreen.beloblog.com/

Zach Muzzy -- and the entire Mean Green nation -- received some bad news on Thursday when the NCAA denied the senior wide receiver's appeal for a sixth year of eligibility.</H3>Muzzy was injured in the fourth game of his freshman season and missed the rest of the year. UNT was unable to get Muzzy a medical redshirt for the season because he played more than the maximum percentage of the season allowed for a player to apply for a redshirt.

Muzzy said earlier in the year that he thought he would get the extra year.

Muzzy is a class act and one of the Mean Green's leaders. UNT will miss Muzzy for a number of reasons next season from his skills as a player to the leadership he provided off the field.

Posted by Brett Vito at 08:16 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Zach plays one play too many for a medical redshirt because he was injured and Lake Dallas' Dvorchick (sp) gets a medical redshirt because he's a Drunk bastard that went to Oklahoma.

F the NCAA

That decision is really bad. If I remember correctly he was injured on the opening kickoff of the fourth game of the season. Zack will be fine in the long run, but this just stinks......

Yea that is total BS!

Who can we write to and complain?

Edited by Cr1028

Yea that is total BS!

Who can we write to and complain?

Will it do any good? Nah...

We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could do it with conventional weapons; that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it.

Will it do any good? Nah...

We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could do it with conventional weapons; that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it.

JayDub, I like your idea. Twisted, but I like it. Count me in.

I just can't believe that the Vandy guy played in one more game than Muzzy and he STILL got his shirt. Way to keep the BCS hierarchy NCAA, good job! Muzzy gets hurt on the first play of the 4th game and the Vandy guy goes on to play that and another game. It's crap. I read that originally the SEC denied the Vandy guy's request and then it was petitioned to the NCAA with a recommendation from the SEC. This I don't get.

Unbelievable horse$hit!.

Zach, thanks for the years of hard work. You and your family(sister attends NT as well) have been wonderful additions to the Mean Green family. We will miss you on the field but expect to see you "Tailgate-side" now that you will be done with school. Look forwad to seeing you all this fall.

Rick

Zach's folks drove with us to Arkansas in the game that he was hurt. Zach will be missed...as will his great parents. Zach gave his heart to the Mean Green...and will be missed. Zach thanks for all your great efforts.

Zach along with his dad and I were a little surprised yesterday when he was told that his medical redshirt had been denied. We really felt that the NCAA would grant it under the circumstances. Zach was disappointed, as he so looked forward to playing for the new coaches at North Texas. However, life does go on and we will continue to support the University of North Texas I will be calling to purchase our season tickets in the next week. Zach has alot of friends that will still be playing this next year and it will be an exciting year! Thank you all for your kind words it is really appreciated, and we look forward to tailgating with everyone in the Fall!

Zach along with his dad and I were a little surprised yesterday when he was told that his medical redshirt had been denied. We really felt that the NCAA would grant it under the circumstances. Zach was disappointed, as he so looked forward to playing for the new coaches at North Texas. However, life does go on and we will continue to support the University of North Texas I will be calling to purchase our season tickets in the next week. Zach has alot of friends that will still be playing this next year and it will be an exciting year! Thank you all for your kind words it is really appreciated, and we look forward to tailgating with everyone in the Fall!

Greenmom,

Zach will be missed, not just his talent, his leadership and presense will also be missed. I have no doubt that he will be a success in whatever he chooses to do as a career. I hope he will consider going into coaching, he is the model for a student athlete.

Thanks again Zach for your years at North Texas.