Signing Day

jjpfootball

DENTON (2/1/07) - MeanGreenSports.com is giving an all-access pass of Signing Day for Mean Green fans on Wednesday, Feb. 7, beginning at 7 am. Starting with the very first National Letter of Intent fax that comes across our desks in the morning and ending with the Town Hall Meeting and Reception, MeanGreenSports.com is giving complete coverage of Signing Day.

Real Time Updates

Beginning at 7 a.m. on Feb. 7th, MeanGreenSports.com will post real-time updates as National Letters of Intent are received. The athletics department will host a blog on its web site throughout the day, giving minute-by-minute updates and insider information on the 2007 Mean Green recruiting class. The blog will continue on MeanGreenSports.com up until the official announcement of the signing class by head coach Todd Dodge at a 3:30 p.m. press conference.

Video Stream of Press Conference

MeanGreenSports.com will provide a live video stream of the press conference by head coach Todd Dodge at 3:30 p.m. on signing day. Dodge will announce the complete 2007 signing class and provide a breakdown of each future Mean Green player. The entire press conference will be streamed free of charge. Video highlights of all the signees will be available as part of the subscription service Mean Green Premium on the official athletics web site. This event will be open to working media only.

Town Hall Meeting and Reception

The University of North Texas Athletics Department in conjunction with the Mean Green Club will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting and reception Wednesday, Feb. 7th at the Mean Green Athletic Center. Fans will have the opportunity to interact with head coach Todd Dodge and his staff to discuss the signing class and preview the 2007 season. Mean Green play-by-play voice and Dallas/Fort Worth radio personality George Dunham will moderate the Town Hall Meeting. Doors will open at 5 p.m. with appetizers and a cash bar available. Due to NCAA rules, prospects or signees and their families may not attend the reception.

Signing Day Schedule Wednesday, February 7th

7 a.m. Real-time updates of signing day begin on MeanGreenSports.com

3:30 p.m. Official Press Conference to announce 2007 recruiting class streamed live on MeanGreenSports.com

5 p.m. Town Hall Meeting and Reception at Mean Green Athletic Center with head coach Todd Dodge and the football coaching staff.

7 p.m. Mean Green womens basketball vs. New Orleans at the Super Pit

Athletics Marketing

Athletic Center 275F

940-565-3965

..........and of COURSE......................Feb 7th is "A" SHIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:<_<

Rick

Sorry to hear that rick.

I look forward to meeting some alumni along with the Townhouse meeting with our new HC, Todd Dodge.

This is a great idea! :D

My question is this...

Who's idea is this? Dodge? RV?

This along with other things that have been done recently, the live feed of the Dodge hiring announcement, just seems so unlike NT.

If these are RV's ideas, how come he hasn't done them before?

I do not mean to be negative in any way, I am just very interested in what got into the athletic dept. I LOVE IT...KEEP IT UP!

please weigh in...what are the reasons you believe this new focus on giving attention to the program is all of a sudden a focus.

My question is this...

This along with other things that have been done recently, the live feed of the Dodge hiring announcement, just seems so unlike NT.

I do not mean to be negative in any way, I am just very interested in what got into the athletic dept. I LOVE IT...KEEP IT UP!

please weigh in...what are the reasons you believe this new focus on giving attention to the program is all of a sudden a focus.

- learning to market the aura of Dodge?

- a football-happy NT fan is a happy fan?

- food & drink for press = more media for NT = less for SMUt?

- like a deer-feeder for the Upcoming Stadium Capital Campaign? :o

My question is this...

The proverbial iron is red hot right now and we are also, coincidentally, trying to fund a stadium. Hmmm.