Sunday Game Vs. S.alabama

GangGreen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for our potential tie for 2nd in the West. We go back to being in 4th, 2 games behind Monroe.

Let's hope our ownership of the Superpit continues - because we cannot win on the road.

Which doesn't look good come tournament time. Our best hope is to get a good seeding and have the first game in the Pit.

Which doesn't look good come tournament time. Our best hope is to get a good seeding and have the first game in the Pit.

Exactly. I was thinking if we stole a game or two on the road we'd definitely have a 1st game at home. Maybe a nuetral site game won't be as bad, should we make it that far.

I can name about 7 guys who I would rather have seen taking the last shot....than Ben Bell. He has the lowest FG percentage of any of the regulars.

As for the tourney...Hank and Steve said that there are 3 first round byes (the two division champs get byes; and the team with the next best conference record gets the third---looking like that will be either USA or WKU and not a Western Division team). After that, the teams are seeding 4-13....in the first round (with the higher seeds hosting games on their own home courts). So, the best thing...would be to be in first place in the West. (still possible). The next best thing....finishing high enough to where your first round game is a home game.

Overall well played game, but has NT ever benefited from trying to slow the game down. I think we just played into their hands by waiting late in the shot clock and then either losing the ball or throwing up an awful shot.

Did you listen or watch the same game I did? JJ's coaching gave this game away with 10 minutes left to play.

"Slowing it down" doesn't just mean burning the shot clock, it means running the offense and getting a quality shot rather than jacking up a wild/guarded 3 pointer or turning the ball over. Quincy was having a good game and I liked how they kept getting the ball to him, but if he continues to miss FTs you have to try to get the ball in the hands of someone who can make a FT if they are fouled. Sadly, and has been the case with every JJ coached team, those players are very few. If this team can't learn to play with a lead, they will never go anywhere. But I have never seen a JJ coached team that could play consistently well with a lead, and coincidentally I have never seen a JJ coached team that was more than a mediocre FT shooting team.

I agree. Our poor shot and time management, problems making free throws, and difficulty adjusting to them doubling down on our post guys lost the game for us. Very disappointing b/c we had that game won, but found a way to unravel at the end.

we are in such dire need of a 5-11 fast point guard that can break a press and penetrate. Bell seems to be afraid of the press and rarely can finish/or dish near the hole. every time he came off the pick he goes so wide of the pick it allows the defender to cut him off. He isn't quick enough to get to the hole and they role under the pick cause they know he can't hit a 20 fter off the dribble.

another note for you basketball fans, why is it that 75% of our plays start on the right side. every time down it seemed we dribble right and pass to a player coming off a pick. We were sandwiched on their student side for the last half....and it was especially frustrating in the last min.

bottom line, bell hits the front end of the 1 and 1 w/ 15 sec to go we win.