Breaking News-----stadium News------

UNT_playmaker

I've seen so much speculation over the years that I will not beleive any stadium talk until I hear RV or TD say it or they are quoted in the paper saying that " North Texas will break ground on the new stadium on ____________". I have had my hopes raised and dashed more times than I care to remember.

I've seen so much speculation over the years that I will not beleive any stadium talk until I hear RV or TD say it or they are quoted in the paper saying that " North Texas will break ground on the new stadium on ____________". I have had my hopes raised and dashed more times than I care to remember.

UNT administration has been keeping TD's slogan in mind with every heart dashed. They are trying to break us in. Eventually, we will feel that there is nothing to look forward to. No hope whatsoever. It's the old administration's fault!

"Kill the will of your opponent. Every team has a great desire to win. It's your job to wear the opponent down so that by the fourth quarter the opposition has nothing left. But you do."

Todd Dodge

Very true. Kinda like the big baseball stadium deal with the Denton collegiate teams new stadium. Haven't heard a word on that since.....forever. :censored:

Don't beleive the attire is Black Shirt. :censored:

:lol:

The donor/fan survey report on the stadium issue was due back to UNT mid-January from the capital campaign firm hired to fundraise. I expect we may get a tease about a stadium campaign starting in the spring at the banquet. I don't expect any firm comments about stadium construction actually happening or definite timelines until they raise enough (1/3 of $60 mil.) to float bonds for the project. Have we done that? That is the tell-all answer to the project.

We do need it ASAP. 1952 Fouts needs to meet Mr. WreckingBall. As far as size of a new stadium, 30K sideline seats is a minimum, with suites and club level, but 40-45K total seating should be the goal. BUILD IT!

:lol:

The donor/fan survey report on the stadium issue was due back to UNT mid-January from the capital campaign firm hired to fundraise. I expect we may get a tease about a stadium campaign starting in the spring at the banquet. I don't expect any firm comments about stadium construction actually happening or definite timelines until they raise enough (1/3 of $60 mil.) to float bonds for the project. Have we done that? That is the tell-all answer to the project.

We do need it ASAP. 1952 Fouts needs to meet Mr. WreckingBall. As far as size of a new stadium, 30K sideline seats is a minimum, with suites and club level, but 40-45K total seating should be the goal. BUILD IT!

Do you think the city of denton would want to be involved as part of the funding? I think it would be a great thing for the city to build upon. I would hope they would atleast consider giving 5-10 million dollars.

The city of Denton cant even fix their own potholes, develop a business park which is badly needed in the town and also fix numerous of other project throughout the years.

The PROVEN idiots who run "The city of Denton" are too busy coming up with stupid ideas like building a water park which has lost over $100,000 since it was built in 2003. Also alot of their money is going to the legal defense about inquiries of misconduct in the utilities dept, who's employees were caught using taxpayers money to go to Hooters and a Larry the Cable guy event. Not very smart at all.

If it wasnt for UNT and TWU, Denton wouldnt even be on the map.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

The city of Denton cant even fix their own potholes, develop a business park which is badly needed in the town and also fix numerous of other project throughout the years.

The PROVEN idiots who run "The city of Denton" are too busy coming up with stupid ideas like building a water park which has lost over $100,000 since it was built in 2003. Also alot of their money is going to the legal defense about inquiries of misconduct in the utilities dept, who's employees were caught using taxpayers money to go to Hooters and a Larry the Cable guy event. Not very smart at all.

If it wasnt for UNT and TWU, Denton wouldnt even be on the map.

Sorry - but have to inject a little truth here. The waterpark pays for itself and actually makes a little money. The Natatorium (built jointly by the City and Denton ISD) does not pay for itself and was never expected to do so.

As for timelines, I believe it is entirely possible to get the stadium built by 2009 if construction started by the fall. The current plans for the new Life Science complex (expected to be built on the current site of Masters Hall) would begin construction in fall and be ready for occupancy in Sept. 2009. I would imagine that a science building is more complicated to build than a stadium, so 2009 sounds very possible.

This is great news.

I do know that the 1st phase of the stadium will only hold around 30K and the 2nd phase will take it to completion. They can complete 30K by 2009.

:o

Whatever our initial capacity is will probably remain at that capacity the rest of (even) you Young Gun Alum's lives.

It would be a terrifically large mistake to build a stadium smaller than Fout's present capacity of 30,500----a very "BIG" mistake if that actually happens. If you can afford a 30,000 seat stadium, just how much more could 5-10,000 extra seats possibly be? Why buy a Cadilac w/o wheels?

We don't need to rush into a small D1-A stadium with all the projected numbers we have for our enrollment, the city of Denton's expected continued growth and Denton County's present boom growth as well.

Only short-sighted types would even think of building a (too) small stadium. We need those who would make such small capacity decisions for our new stadium to make them as if they were going to actually be around these parts another 20 years from now when they, too, have to sit in a stadium thats so small we cannot schedule UT, TAMU, OU, OSU, etc, etc, etc

If UNT were in some small, sparsely populated backwater locale, maybe 30,000 would be fit the bill, but UNT is "NOT" located in some small, sparsely populated backwater locale. Come on, folks, lets leave the "teacher's college" mode of thinking behind forever or we'll be enslaved by the our school's small thinking/ low setting goals style of thinking forever.

REMEMBER WHEN? ? ? ? ? We had those on campus who wanted to build the Super Pit to seat 6,500. Well, had that happened, we would have never hosted 3 very prestigious NCAA Regionals, we would have never hosted anyone with much higher profile than MOST D1 bottom-feeder basketball programs and many of us would have never been part of UNT history when we had 10,700 Standing-Room-Only for an NT/SMU basketball game many years ago. In fact, wonder when we might possibly get back to those days again? :rolleyes:

We had those on campus who wanted to build the Super Pit to seat 6,500. Well, had that happened, we would have never hosted 3 very prestigious NCAA Regionals, we would have never hosted anyone with much higher profile than MOST D1 bottom-feeder basketball programs...

Or Pearl Jam...!!!!!!! !!!! !

Headbanging.gif

B)

I do not believe there will be any breaking news at the banquet tonight about the football stadium. UNT officials have said that the positive information regarding a football stadium will come shortly. Rick V and the President are waiting a final report from the consultants. The news will be positive...

Stay tuned to Rick V!

Sorry - but have to inject a little truth here. The waterpark pays for itself and actually makes a little money. The Natatorium (built jointly by the City and Denton ISD) does not pay for itself and was never expected to do so.

Working with the City of Denton from 2000 to mid-2006 I can tell you that UNT Playmaker is actually right on this. Both, the natatorium and water park was expected to pay itself off within a few years but has ended up costing them much more. The figure Playmaker showed is actually more correct. The whole park didn't go over nearly as well as they thought it would and has costed the city dearly. So to their genious they made a skate board park and a dog park for some reason thinking that would bolster participation in the city rec programs. Furthermore, their rec program is in very bad shape when you compare it to neighboring cities. This city is run poorly by its leaders.

Working with the City of Denton from 2000 to mid-2006 I can tell you that UNT Playmaker is actually right on this. Both, the natatorium and water park was expected to pay itself off within a few years but has ended up costing them much more. The figure Playmaker showed is actually more correct. The whole park didn't go over nearly as well as they thought it would and has costed the city dearly. So to their genious they made a skate board park and a dog park for some reason thinking that would bolster participation in the city rec programs. Furthermore, their rec program is in very bad shape when you compare it to neighboring cities. This city is run poorly by its leaders.

I am??????? :o:o:o:o For once I'm right about something.... :huh:

Well I can tell everybody on the board right now that the hurricane predictions will come early this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurricane Season starts June 1, 2007

too late ...

UNT_playmaker said:
I am??????? :o 😮 :o 😮 :o For once I'm right about something.... :huh:

Well I can tell everybody on the board right now that the hurricane predictions will come early this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurricane Season starts June 1, 2007