Returning Te's, Fb's And Wr's

Buford_Julep

I attended all of the home games and two scrimmages last season. It is hard for me to watch football and see and evaluate what all the players are trying to do. I tend to follow the ball. It is also difficult for me to remember the names and numbers of the players that do something memorable. After all, there are about 100 players. I am not the ideal person to be starting this thread. Others are vastly more qualified. This post is as much of a question as it is a statement, and I hope someone will correct my mistakes and fill in the gaps.

What is the future of last season's TE's and FB's? We know that those two positions are obsolete in next year's offense.

FB Kerona Henderson - As I recall Kerona was moved to FB from LB. Hopefully he can move back.

FB Ryan Davenport - His NT story is identical to Kerona's.

TE David Collins - I have no worries about the adaptability of this guy. He should have no trouble moving to WR as he usually was lining up as wide-out or a slot anyway. Collins was sort of an Andy Blount type TE.

TE Charlie Brown - He was a highly regarded recruit who has been plaqued by injuries. He has high school experience at both LB and DE but has yet to play those positions at NT.

TE Bryant Seidle - Played in 11 games in 2006.

TE Victor Gill - Was known as a pass catching TE at Argyle. I think he was redshirted his freshman season.

Johnny Quinn, Joel Nwigwe and Zack Muzzy graduated. Will any of the returning WR's play a big role next season?

Zack Muzzy -It has been previously posted that Zack might play next season. He has one season of elegibility left, but has already graduated and may not be interested in returning.

Brandon Jackson - He is the only experienced WR that we know will return.

Casey Fitzgerald - This guy caught a lot of passes in at least one of the pre-season scrimmages. He didn't get many minutes once the regular season started.

Isiah Smith - Made one of the best catches I have ever seen in pre-season but was invisible during the regular season.

Brock Stickler - ???

Arthur Stubblefield - ???

Korey Washington - ???

Mr X - Chances are that coach Dodge will give some of the returning players who have played other positions a shot at WR. Bob Stoops found several good WR's by doing that in his first year at OU. To my eyes, Evan Roberson looks more like a WR than a RB. There also might be some WR candidates among the current DB's.

Edited by Buford_Julep

IMO Fitzgerald and Jackson will be the top 2 WRs next year though that may change if Muzzy decides to return. Seidle has great hands and is a big body. I would expect him to be used a lot like Mills was at Tulsa. I have a feeling that he will get the most playing time of any of the TEs with Brown coming for running or max protect as he is the best blocker of our TEs. I think Henderson will stay at FB as I believe there will be some formations that TD will utilize a FB, probably mostly goal line. He may also become a short yardage back.

Zack Muzzy -It has been previously posted that Zack might play next season. He has one season of elegibility left, but has already graduated and may not be interested in returning.

I don't know if you meant to say graduated or will have graduated but he sits a couple rows behind me on Monday and Wednesday mornings.