Unt Vs. Mtsu Game

chrisfisher

Yep, you got us. People who have been Mean Green fans for more than a season or two, and have a bit of perspective, want the team to lose. You figured us out, and now the 3 people on this board who are excited about JJ's "accomplishments" as coach at UNT are the only true fans. Everyone else is secretly hoping for the team to lose. :rolleyes:

Where have you been? We won on Thursday.

Where have you been? We won on Thursday.

At work, with my friends, whatever. When you sit in front of a computer all day at work, you don't exactly rush home to get on the computer again. I guess I need to be more vigilant for possible pearls of basketball wisdom posted here such as "We need to stop dribbling and shoot more 3s!", "Sweet 16, here we come!" and "Rich Young a lottery pick? Why not".

But you're right, we did win, which is great. I thought that having that sentiment went without saying, but I guess I still have a lot to prove to the first year Mean Green fans.

I guess a few of my statements were not clear enough. Sure winning in the regular season is important and no one here would disagree. All I am saying is we have watched this song and dance for many years, not just with JJ. We need to get this thing to the next level. It's time. Yes of course you need to win games to get to first and second in the division and that should be expected now with the talent we have. We need to finish strong and continue strong in the conf. tourney for this season to be a success. Anything else is unacceptable.

Emmitt & Chris,

Nothing makes me happier than when NT wins (No matter the sport). I hope I'm wrong and the Men And Women win out the season and qualify for the Tournament.

Go Mean Green. Go Johnny Jones, Go Tina Slinker.

HERE HERE!!!

I agree. I am not worried about "quality" of the win. I am more concerned with the "Quantity" of wins and winning in the SBC tournament.

I will worry about replacing the coaches in the off-season.

At work, with my friends, whatever. When you sit in front of a computer all day at work, you don't exactly rush home to get on the computer again. I guess I need to be more vigilant for possible pearls of basketball wisdom posted here such as "We need to stop dribbling and shoot more 3s!", "Sweet 16, here we come!" and "Rich Young a lottery pick? Why not".

But you're right, we did win, which is great. I thought that having that sentiment went without saying, but I guess I still have a lot to prove to the first year Mean Green fans.

Sorry for the slow reply, just saw this... funny post, really quite comedic.... keep 'em coming......BTW, 2nd year Mean Green fan just to be accurate....Moreover, I am not a 1rst year sports fan. I think my 10-12 years of playing sports (mainly soccer, including playing for the Texas State Gold Team) as well as 30+ years of watching various non-college sports may generalize to the college level. Admittedly, I am not an expert in any sport, professional or college, b/c I have always approached them as a casual observer... But I can say that I have never been so involved in sports as I have since arriving at UNT.

Just to be clear after re-reading my post, I did not mean the school Texas State the college, but the state of Texas. We were a Texas "gold team" as they called them that played all over the place. They referred to us as the Texas State Gold Team.

Edited by chrisfisher

Chris, you don't have to explain yourself to anybody. There are posters here that are probably too positive about things at times - but there are just as many that feel like giving up on a season at the first sign of trouble.

We are tied for 3rd in the West...just one game out of 1st. We have some wins over questionable competition, but also some quality wins thrown in the mix. We have yet to lose more than 2 games in a row...and that only occurred once. We've had a very good season so far by reasonable standards.

Yes, the season can still go either way at this point - but as much as I feared a collapse, AT THIS POINT that fear seems unwarranted. Alot of ball yet to play however.

Chris, you don't have to explain yourself to anybody. There are posters here that are probably too positive about things at times - but there are just as many that feel like giving up on a season at the first sign of trouble.

We are tied for 3rd in the West...just one game out of 1st. We have some wins over questionable competition, but also some quality wins thrown in the mix. We have yet to lose more than 2 games in a row...and that only occurred once. We've had a very good season so far by reasonable standards.

Yes, the season can still go either way at this point - but as much as I feared a collapse, AT THIS POINT that fear seems unwarranted. Alot of ball yet to play however.

Good post!