Stadium Talk ?

MeanGreen61

http://www.panews.com/sports/local_story_0...tml?start:int=0

Nederland's Mosley seemed as if he had completed his recruitment, too. Mosley announced on Monday night that he intended to accept a scholarship offer to sign with the University of North Texas. Mosley agreed that the arrival of new head coach Todd Dodge at the Denton school played a major role in Micah's recruitment.

"I had no thought on going to North Texas (before Dodge accepted the head coaching job)," Mosley said. "I hadn't even talked to North Texas before he (Dodge) was hired. I heard he was interested in me and he invited me for a visit. Coach Dodge definitely had a huge influence in the decision."

Mosley visited the North Texas campus last weekend with his parents. He said that he observed a lot more about the campus than he expected.

"Coach Dodge has a good vision for the future," Mosley said. "They have brand-new facilities and they have a new stadium opening in 2009."

Mosley had expressed an interest in becoming an engineering school candidate. He was impressed with the way North Texas has endeavored to prepare its students-athletes to graduate and receive a degree.

2009 for the completion year of our new stadium out at the Mean Green Village is very do-able if we have most of the money raised in this silent phase of our fundraising and on the subject of the silent phase, what Big Donor Deals are really ever for public consumption anyway? :)

The Dallas Cowboys will open up their $Billion Dollar$ stadium in 2009, also, but they will have more to build than UNT.

Funny how those in the past who have been identified as potential Big Donors (and we will not mention names because none of us want to screw up this deal and who knows, maybe some of their people are reading this board by now); but these high rollers are the kind who could build UNT two or three 40,000 seat stadiums with the the kind of bucks they have.

We are living in a time when pro athletes are (amazingly) making the kind of money that would build us a top notch 40,000 plus college football stadium at UNT, I like our chances on all this more than ever and we need not let nestors from the past shoot any of this down because "we never did things like this before at UNT so that must mean this can't be done now?" :rolleyes:

Proceed With All This Unbelievable Progress @ UNT For Those Responsible.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"Coach Dodge has a good vision for the future," Mosley said. "They have brand-new facilities and they have a new stadium opening in 2009."

I'm just glad to see a coaching staff that is emphasizing the positive at UNT (new facilities, the academic success, etc) rather than calling us "the toughest situation in America"