Looks Like We Let Ben Leung Get Away

MeanGreengdub

Ben Leung from my old high school, Fossil Ridge, looks as if he's going to sign with Air Force. I am friends with his sister and she told me the Off. Cord. is going to talk to him tomorrow so if he can't pull him in, he's going to the Air Force Academy.

Ben Leung from my old high school, Fossil Ridge, looks as if he's going to sign with Air Force. I am friends with his sister and she told me the Off. Cord. is going to talk to him tomorrow so if he can't pull him in, he's going to the Air Force Academy.

I wish him well. Can't fault a young man for attending one of the academy's. A very select few get the opportunity.

Don't you have to get an appointment to any of the Military academy's? I know you have to get an appointment to West Point or Annapolis, don't know about Colorado Springs.

Anyone that has a shot to go to any of the academy is awesome. But for those that have gone to the academy...how does the whole recruiting process work? I mean do they try to recruit the best of the best on the field as well? Like I mean would they ever consider going after like a Jeff Brantley or anything like that? And if a player decides to go there does he have the option to enter the draft after their junior season? If not do all of them HAVE to do the two years of duty like Staubach and Chad Hennings did? I've always wondered how the academys recruit and what they look for. If anyone can explain i'd very much appreciate it.

Come on guys this is a message board, if a player chooses a school other than your own you are supposed to rip him or say that we never really offered or wanted him. What's with this high road you all are taking? Haven't you been reading about all the other recruits that chose NT over others? Get with it folks! :D

before I get ripped this is sarcasm folks.

I was seriously looking at the AFA during my junior year of high school and back then ('96-'97), it was 6 years of mandatory service after you graduate. I think that was the tipping point for me to consider other options (like NT :) ). That and a cadet's daily schedule is brutal by civilian standards. I admire anyone who can make it through the academy. If he does choose AF, best of luck to him.

It look's like he will most likely go even after our Off. Cord. talks to him. He comes from a military family and his sister told me he really wants a military education. Best of luck to him!

Why not get the best of both worlds. Come to UNT play for Dodge and go through the ROTC program here?

Come on guys this is a message board, if a player chooses a school other than your own you are supposed to rip him or say that we never really offered or wanted him. What's with this high road you all are taking? Haven't you been reading about all the other recruits that chose NT over others? Get with it folks! :D

before I get ripped this is sarcasm folks.

Sarcasm or not it would be nice if we could do more of what Baylor did with Buchanan but I really don't wanna call a kid going to a military academy gay and if he's got an offer from them I'm damn sure we didn't lose him due to grades. I guess I've got nothing good luck at the Academy.