Sunday's Dmn...a La Carte

GMoney

A telling remark in this section of the sports page, "...another reason Todd Dodge will succeed at North Texas: DISD coaches say they're seeing UNT assistants on their campuses for the first time in years..."

Amazing! We all knew it, but it is still unbelievable to hear it. How this happened in the past is still beyond me.

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. To be living in the middle of one of the greatest recruiting locations on the planet...and to not even try to work it. To be invisible in your own backyard is just shocking.

I know that we've known - or at least suspected - this was going on. But it's still unbelievable.

Thank goodness that episode is finished.

Edited by Smitty

A telling remark in this section of the sports page, "...another reason Todd Dodge will succeed at North Texas: DISD coaches say they're seeing UNT assistants on their campuses for the first time in years..."

Amazing! We all knew it, but it is still unbelievable to hear it. How this happened in the past is still beyond me.

Where are you getting this information from? Not that I am questioning your statement but is this in print media or from other sources?

Where are you getting this information from? Not that I am questioning your statement but is this in print media or from other sources?

Let's spell this out...

Sunday's Dmn...a La Carte, Kevin Sherrington

Translation:

Sunday's Dallas Morning News. Article called "a la Carte" by Kevin Sherrington.

:P

Dickey and Flannigan worked for SMU. DON'T BE FOOLED BY LAST YEARS WIN OVER SMU.

I don't believe they were working for SMU, but Ramon Flanigan did not recruit a DISD and Dallas area player in the last several years. We recruited one player from Garland...and the only reason a Garlan coach called another NT asst coach..who was told RF had not been to his HS for several years and they seem to alway have a Div 1 signee.

Kevin Sherrington column at bottom in A La Carte section at bottom of the column

I dont know about you guys but I always wonder what in the HELL was the old coaching staff thinking when they were recruiting? I mean I know i'm not in this business and I dont make money off if it (if anything I spend money on it) but man I think even I could have given them better ideas and advice compared to what they were doing....but then again as the great Norm Hitzges says their replies to my statements would probably be "Do you know what the hell I do for a living?"

Edited by Green Mean