What Changes Do You Want To See After Season...

NT03

I can't vote on this. You left out one other option: wait until the end of the season so we can get a more complete idea of how the team ended up. I can't decide if someone should get pushed out based on 1 win here or one loss there. And I certainly wouldn't say he stays or goes regardless of his performance. I need to know the overall way this team is headed, and I can't get that until I see the season play out. Moreover, I would rather focus my energy on supporting the team, including JJ, than calling for his head before we know what is going to happen.

I know this is your first season to follow the team, but this is hardly about a single win or loss.

Actually, I followed the team last season also. Two years now.

We are talking about firing a coach who is 13-6 because we believe the team will collapse the rest of the year during conference play and the SBC tourny without actually seeing it happen. Please don't give the me the "ya, but we played some powder puff teams" argument because everyone does it, even in the revered BCS conferences. I've seen alot of progress this year, while at the same time areas that need big-time improvement. But I can't say "fire him" because we had a couple of ugly losses on the road. I want to see how we do the rest of the season and in the SBC tournament before I would entertain the idea of a new head coach.

Actually, I followed the team last season also. Two years now.

We are talking about firing a coach who is 13-6 because we believe the team will collapse the rest of the year during conference play and the SBC tourny without actually seeing it happen. Please don't give the me the "ya, but we played some powder puff teams" argument because everyone does it, even in the revered BCS conferences. I've seen alot of progress this year, while at the same time areas that need big-time improvement. But I can't say "fire him" because we had a couple of ugly losses on the road. I want to see how we do the rest of the season and in the SBC tournament before I would entertain the idea of a new head coach.

Again, it isn't about a couple of losses on the road. You will understand after a few more years. Barring some unforeseen change in either JJ's coaching or the athletic department's stance on basketball at UNT.

I say give the guy the season before even talking about doing an el dumpo ala DD. He's shown pretty impressive recruiting abilities as of late, and I'd hate to lose the guys that he has coming in here next season. I just hope that he has learned something from the DD situation and is willing to shore up any coaching deficiencies that he may have with quality assistants. Failure to recognize that was a major reason for DD's speedy demise.

Tic Vanilla and his helmet hair could also recruit, but he couldn't coach a lick.

I'm not calling JJ another Tic Vanilla, but he hasn't gotten out of the first round of the tournament since his first year and that was with Tic Vanilla's players.

It's time to WIN!!!

Tic Vanilla and his helmet hair could also recruit, but he couldn't coach a lick.

I'm not calling JJ another Tic Vanilla, but he hasn't gotten out of the first round of the tournament since his first year and that was with Tic Vanilla's players.

It's time to WIN!!!

But you're missing that Tic's players didn't stick. We don't need a repeat of that. Give the guy a few weeks before a new coach you seeks!

But you're missing that Tic's players didn't stick. We don't need a repeat of that. Give the guy a few weeks before a new coach you seeks!

Fleming leaves before he even gets a chance to play. Sounding more and more like Tic every day.