2007 Schedule

ntsumck

Yeah...being a UNT fan really scares me cuz I dont think we can beat anybody other than FIU (even that took 7 overtimes to get the win) based on last years team. So to think we have to wish for a certain opponent may not be the best thing to do at this point cuz i'm not sure we can even beat the worse MAC teams. Yeah yeah yeah we beat SMU but that wasnt the same team that finished the season great.

Edited by Green Mean

Go to OU...Norman is what Denton should be..a true college town. Fans are for the most part respectful. I was welcomed to a OU keg tailgate party by fans across the street from the stadium.

Arkansas is Hillbilly heaven....I had beer bottles thrown at me last time I ventured into HOG HEAVEN

How is Denton not a true college town, compared to Norman?

Definitely go to Norman. The fans are very nice.

We are making the trip for sure. My co-worker is a recent grad and his parents have a suite. We are gonna hang with them probably, wearing our Mean Green gear of course. :)

One thing I enjoy about Norman is the "free" parking space I can get at the Skull House a block from the stadium. The tailgate party on the front lawn is great too.

How is Denton not a true college town, compared to Norman?

Fan and community support. You cannot walk into a business in Norman that does not have memorabilia, posters or at the very least a schedule posted. Another big difference - their students live in the community. It would be interesting to see what percentage of students live on campus, or within a 5 mile radius, in Norman vs Denton.

Another big difference - their students live in the community. It would be interesting to see what percentage of students live on campus, or within a 5 mile radius, in Norman vs Denton.

Might surprise you as to how many live in Denton.

Fan and community support. You cannot walk into a business in Norman that does not have memorabilia, posters or at the very least a schedule posted. Another big difference - their students live in the community. It would be interesting to see what percentage of students live on campus, or within a 5 mile radius, in Norman vs Denton.

I'm guessing that there are just as many regular students living on or near the NT campus, as there are in Norman. But the difference in community support is like night and day. Drive through Denton and see how many businesses display North Texas schedule posters etc.

In the past many businesses in Denton used to say that they would not display North Texas memorabilia/posters/etc because they didn't want to appear to favor UNT over TWU, and thereby offend TWU students.

My wife is a TWU graduate and she always called bullshit on that lame excuse. She's said for DECADES that there is no way that a TWU student would be offended at a business displaying a North Texas football schedule.

The lack of community support from the businesses in Denton (even in a minimal way) has always been a big embarrassment to me.

So THAT is how Denton is not a true college town as compared to Norman.

I'm guessing that there are just as many regular students living on or near the NT campus, as there are in Norman. But the difference in community support is like night and day. Drive through Denton and see how many businesses display North Texas schedule posters etc.

In the past many businesses in Denton used to say that they would not display North Texas memorabilia/posters/etc because they didn't want to appear to favor UNT over TWU, and thereby offend TWU students.

My wife is a TWU graduate and she always called bullshit on that lame excuse. She's said for DECADES that there is no way that a TWU student would be offended at a business displaying a North Texas football schedule.

The lack of community support from the businesses in Denton (even in a minimal way) has always been a big embarrassment to me.

So THAT is how Denton is not a true college town as compared to Norman.

Why businesses don't cater to the larger group of the two is beyond me. NT students out number TWU students something like 3 to 1.

Why businesses don't cater to the larger group of the two is beyond me. NT students out number TWU students something like 3 to 1.

Actually I dont think its 3 to 1. UNT has about 35K students and TWU has about 15K-16K...not a huge huge difference since afcourse TWU is strictly just a womens university....well 97% atelast.