Coach Dickey

Harry

http://meangreen.beloblog.com/

Utah State release on Dickey

For those of you who are interested in reading more about former North Texas head coach Darrell Dickey and his move to Utah State, here is the link to the USU release.

http://utahstateaggies.cstv.com/sports/m-f.../011607aab.html

He also has news on a DL recruit that we lost to SMU. Click the Mean Green Blog link for the details.

He clearly couldn't stand being apart from JayDub.

Dickey's been stalking me since the 2005 GMG.com Bowl when I wandered the sidelines with my "All-Draw" playbook stuffed down the front of my pants and my very own Diet Coke boy.

Guess I need to get that restraining order...

"Darrell knows our situation, because it is the exact situation he had at North Texas," Guy said. "They played a difficult non-conference schedule and then got into conference play."

I hope they're not sympathizing with his bend-over-for-the-big-boys attitude. That wasn't exactly propelling our program to the next level.

Ok, good for Dickey - now comes a big question - do we have to pay him? From what I understand, guaranteed contracts are null and void if the coach goes to work for someone else. If they hire him on at less (which they will) then we will be responsible for making up the rest of the money that he would have earned at NT, right? That should save us SOME money at least...

While we are on the subject, how long will it take before Mattress Mac starts becoming an Aggie Fan? Utah State Aggies, that is...

Chief Dispatch Instructor here in the office is a USU grad. He's a little bummed it's going to be the same offense.

Dickey's a good guy...his offense just sucks.

You watch...USU will suddenly become an offensive powerhouse and we'll look like asses.

Edited by JayDub

They haven't been this pissed off since polygamy was outlawed.

:lol:

But seriously, I wish Dickey the best. Our luck, he comes up with some mastermind new offense he had been engineering and hadn't yet had the time to implement- then we fired him..... nnnnah... but I still wish him well.

Edited by Eagle1855

Chief Dispatch Instructor here in the office is a USU grad. He's a little bummed it's going to be the same offense.

Dickey's a good guy...his offense just sucks.

You watch...USU will suddenly become an offensive powerhouse and we'll look like asses.

true true. Best of luck to him and the fam.

..and no, he's clearly not flipping anyone off in the above photo. I see three fingers below the one that's pointing.

I agree with Harry.

Not to be an old-timer (oops, too late), but those who haven't been around North Texas and Denton since the 1960s may not remember the absolutely dreadful condition North Texas football was in for a very, very long time. In the twenty-two years between Hayden Fry's departure and UNT's first New Orleans Bowl season, North Texas was 98-144-3. Seven winning seasons, fifteen losing seasons, and terrible fan indifference. I never thought I'd see North Texas in a bowl game.

So despite the unfortunate way things ended, my thanks to Coach Dickey for giving North Texas championship games at Fouts Field and that bowl victory in New Orleans, which will forever be among my most cherished sports memories.

Best of luck to him in Utah, and best of health to him.

I agree with Harry.

Not to be an old-timer (oops, too late), but those who haven't been around North Texas and Denton since the 1960s may not remember the absolutely dreadful condition North Texas football was in for a very, very long time. In the twenty-two years between Hayden Fry's departure and UNT's first New Orleans Bowl season, North Texas was 98-144-3. Seven winning seasons, fifteen losing seasons, and terrible fan indifference. I never thought I'd see North Texas in a bowl game.

So despite the unfortunate way things ended, my thanks to Coach Dickey for giving North Texas championship games at Fouts Field and that bowl victory in New Orleans, which will forever be among my most cherished sports memories.

Best of luck to him in Utah, and best of health to him.

You're definitely right Smitty....Heck i'm just a current student but I think for what DD had and his situation he certainly did quite a bit for this program and put this program on the map regionally and somewhat nationally. The grapes just turned sour here but nothing should be taken way from him cuz he did lead the mean green to 4 straight conference championships and bowl games.