Thank You Dr. Bataille

Eagle Man

Again I thank you both for what you are doing for the University of North Texas.

Dr. Bataille, I admit I was worried when we lost Dr. Pohl for after all he did believe that athletics was a window to the University. However, when I saw the picture of you working at Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans wearing a Sun Belt baseball cap and North Texas football sweatshirt...well, I knew you were already family. Todd Dodge, the men he has hired for his staff along with RV will soon open the window as wide as it can open. When people start peering in, I know you will be prepared. We are fortunate to have you at UNT.

Rick, thank you for your courage and fortitude while facing very difficult circumstances. I would not have blamed you if you had decided to cut and run. I am so grateful that you refused to give up. Several years ago during the OU/UNT pep rally at Fouts Field, I was thanking Dr. Pohl for all he had done during his tenure to help UNT athletics. Dr Pohl pointed over to where you were standing and said, "There is the man you need to thank." I knew he was absolutely correct. We are really blessed to have you at UNT.

Go Mean Green!!

Edited by Eagle Man

Again I thank you both for what you are doing for the University of North Texas.

Dr. Bataille, I admit I was worrid when we lost Dr. Pohl for after all he did believe that athletics was a window to the University. However, when I saw the picture of you working at Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans wearing a Sun Belt baseball cap and North Texas football sweatshirt...well, I knew you were already family. Todd Dodge, the men he has hired for his staff along with RV will soon open the window as wide as it can open. When people start peering in, I know you will be prepared. We are fortunate to have you at UNT.

Rick, thank you for your courage and fortitude while facing very difficult circumstances. I would not have blamed you if you had decided to cut and run. I am so grateful that you refused to give up. Several years ago during the OU/UNT pep rally at Fouts Field, I was thanking Dr. Pohl for all he had done during his tenure to help UNT athletics. Dr Pohl pointed over to where you were standing and said, "There is the man you need to thank." I knew he was absolutely correct. We are really blessed to have you at UNT.

Go Mean Green!!

A really good post.

A thanks to those two as well as Dr. Pohl. I remember when I came to UNT in 2000, it still had that ugly funk from Helwig. Then in 2001, it's like the entire tone of the university changed, and that was a start in results from Dr. Pohl and Rick V's work. I'm very glad Rick V. took a chance on our university and that he's still making contributions to it every day he comes into his office. I'm also glad that Dr. Bataille knows, understands, and is in total favor of athletics as a means to represent and promote the university as well.

Though, when she said "University of North Carolina band" at my grad ceremony, I wasn't too happy about it. In her defense, she adjusted well, smiled, even chuckled when the joking boos came from the crowds. Good save, Dr. B!