Even More Recruiting Rumors

PerryG2480

I wouldn't be surprised if it were McElroy they were talking about, sure Saban is the head coach there and there is probably alot of allure in that, but he is listed as their 3rd QB, and their starter last year was just a Sophmore. him being stuck behind 2 other QBs for the next 3 years, plus having to learn a new system might make him want to come to NT where he could step in and become the starter while already knowing the offensive system.. While I think the original post was made by someone who was just trying to get a reaction on that other board, I think if top QB were to transfer here it most likely would be McElroy

O.K. I'll play the dummy. Who's McElroy? :w00t:

he was the back up to Chase Daniel at SLC, and started his senior year passing for 4600 yards, 56 tds, and 9 ints, he is 6'2" 212 lbs, and 3.9 GPA.. ya i doubt he is coming but i'm not sure who else the SLC fans would be claiming they "know" is going to transfer

It was also noted on the 5ATexasFootball thread that it was not McElroy.

I sure hope it is not Wasson. He didn't produce at TSUSM, and I don't think we should spend a scholarship on a one year player.

It was also noted on the 5ATexasFootball thread that it was not McElroy.

I sure hope it is not Wasson. He didn't produce at TSUSM, and I don't think we should spend a scholarship on a one year player.

While the poster who said it was not McElroy sounded confident, it was not the same poster who gave the information--one way or the other , one might know something the other doesn't.

it looks like the McElroy rumors got put to rest pretty quick

Yeah, it looks like Brett Vito has been reading GMG again:

January 11, 2007

McElroy staying at Alabama

Former Southlake Carroll quarterback Greg McElroy put to rest the rumors that he is considering transferring from Alabama to North Texas to play for his former high school coach Todd Dodge on Thursday. McElroy told The Dallas Morning News that he staying put.

Dodge said when he was hired at UNT that he would evaluate the quarterbacks he has on the team before considering taking on a transfer or junior college player. As of now, the battle in spring practice appears as if it will be between Woody Wilson, Daniel Meager and Matt Phillips.

Posted by Brett Vito at 05:41 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Ramon Flanigan, in practice, did a lot of yelling, and not a lot of actual teaching. In someone else's book, screaming at a player and asking him which read he should have made, then ridiculing him in front of everyone when he didn't know might be coaching. But it certainly doesn't seem like it, to me.

Thank you. We really have no idea how good our QB's can be considering who they played for and the system they played in. And I'm not counting on WW even being there. No one I have spoken to has seen or heard from him since last semester although it's still early.

I am excited about the spring when Meager, Phillips and Tune battle it out to see who will lead TD's first season here.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I am optimistic that at least one of our 3 QB's from last year will develop into a solid, serviceable QB. I think they have all shown flashes of ability.... Woody during the SMU game, Phillips for several half-games over the last 1.5 seasons, and Meager in various times over the last 2 seasons.

I have let myself become convinced that DD's staff coached the confidence right out of those guys, and Jamario.

My primary hope for this year is that Jamario returns to Super Jamario form.