Nate Newton

Marty

tre newton is overrated.. if not for the threat of the deep ball that SLC poses every player Newton couldn't get out of the backfield, everytime i've seen him play he has trouble breaking arm tackles

You're kidding, right? Maybe you missed the 80 yard run in the title game where he brushed off at least 9 of the Austin Westlake players. I hadn't seen a single game performance like that since I saw LT in college, or Cedric Benson while he was at Midland Lee.

You're kidding, right? Maybe you missed the 80 yard run in the title game where he brushed off at least 9 of the Austin Westlake players. I hadn't seen a single game performance like that since I saw LT in college, or Cedric Benson while he was at Midland Lee.

ya i take it back for that game he showed up, but i went to their game against trinity, and he would tippy toe up to the line and often end up down in the backfield, if not for Riley, SLC would have been done early..

I also got to see him earlier this year against lewisville, granted he had around 100 yards rushing, but he often had a hole that you could drive a truck thru. I remember one play inparticular when he got thru the line and only had the safety to beat, this safety was prolly about 5'9" 160 Lbs soaking wet. Newton tried making a move and the safety just stood there as newton then lowered his head to try to truck stick him, but newton ended up on his back.. that why i'm not so sold on Newton

Edited by Keith7

I imagine any schools recruiting Tre are probably pi$$ed off since Nate's comments may focus an NCAA spotlight on them for at least the short-term.

Bingo:

Any school getting wind of that statement and might possibly be under any type of raised eyebrow from the NCAA for past "no-no's", will most likely pass on Tre. Loose lips sink Ships Nate. That kind of statement is along the same lines as making a joke about a BOMB in an airport. .

ya i take it back for that game he showed up, but i went to their game against trinity, and he would tippy toe up to the line and often end up down in the backfield, if not for Riley, SLC would have been done early..

I also got to see him earlier this year against lewisville, granted he had around 100 yards rushing, but he often had a hole that you could drive a truck thru. I remember one play inparticular when he got thru the line and only had the safety to beat, this safety was prolly about 5'9" 160 Lbs soaking wet. Newton tried making a move and the safety just stood there as newton then lowered his head to try to truck stick him, but newton ended up on his back.. that why i'm not so sold on Newton

Well that was against Trinity, arguably the 2nd best team in the state.

tre newton is overrated.. if not for the threat of the deep ball that SLC poses every player Newton couldn't get out of the backfield, everytime i've seen him play he has trouble breaking arm tackles

He runs for around 2,000 yards, and has one of the greatest runs I've seen, breaking 8 tackles against Westlake in the championship game, and you make this statement. :blink:

Neither did Tre, his dad did.

good point, all i'm saying is i've seen tre play twice in person and he didn't impress me, ya he has the numbers but those don't always tell the story.. Tre has a good chance to go on and have a great college career, but i believe he may have trouble seeing time if he went to a big school like UT.. He is only a junior now though, i'm sure next year he will comeback even better

About as humorous as the statement he made to the cops that all that marijuna was for "Personal Use"

I think Nate's comment on NT not paying enough was pretty funny. I guess it depends on the tone of the statement and the conversation, which I did not hear. But that doesn't come through when somebody types it on a message board, so a bunch of people start freaking out and bashing Nate Newton.

If I was Tre Newton, trying to make my own way in football in spite of my dad's infamous legal problems, I wouldn't appreciate it.