Boise To Expand Stadium Following Bcs Win

Eagle1855

Expansion

found this to be interesting:

The school will pay off $28 million in debt over 30 years through revenue expected from leases. The plan calls for yearly payments from the athletic department for academic capital improvements.

"I haven't done a survey, but I think this may be unprecedented," university president Bob Kustra told the board. "This may be a new way of marrying the priorities and goals of the academic programs on campus with the priorities and goals of the athletic programs on campus."

HAHA :lol: Touche! I was thinking the same thing!

Atleast they can sell out their stadium and have unlimited fan support with a population not very much. Denton is in a metropolitan of 6-7+ million people with 35K students(and growing), and about 100K+ alumni in this area alone and we still cant sell out our stadium...to me thats even worse <_<<_<

Edited by Green Mean

Atleast they can sell out their stadium and have unlimited fan support with a population not very much. Denton is in a metropolitan of 6-7+ million people with 35K students(and growing), and about 100K+ alumni in this area alone and we still cant sell out our stadium...to me thats even worse <_<<_<

Just out of curiosity. How many season tickets do you have? How many people do you get to go to the game with you?

I'm sure you responded more than one to both of these questions so if we had more people like you, we might sell out Fouts.

I guess the point I thought was interesting (and my reason for posting the article) was not only to highlight the obvious success/buzz/etc that is generated with success in athletics- everyone here already knows that- but also to bring to attention the way they are paying for some 20 million of it.

The plan calls for yearly payments from the athletic department for academic capital improvements.

Seems to be a very unconventional way to pay for any athletics-related projects. Does anyone know if this something other universities practice, or if this is even feasible/desirable in our campaign?

Edited by Eagle1855

Just out of curiosity. How many season tickets do you have? How many people do you get to go to the game with you?

I'm sure you responded more than one to both of these questions so if we had more people like you, we might sell out Fouts.

I generally go to all the football home games every year...and I would say I go too about half the basketball games yearly. I hope theres more fans like everyone on this board cuz if they sold out Fouts consistently and atleast half the arena consistently then I think the sky would be the limit for this program.

Edited by Green Mean

Wow, here's some interesting Boise coaching news for you.

Harsin turns down Alabama, will stay at BSU

04:25 PM MST on Friday, January 5, 2007

KTVB

Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin

BOISE - The Boise State Broncos' amazing Fiesta Bowl win has captured the hearts of fans everywhere and that includes Alabama's new coach Nick Saban.

He was so impressed with the Broncos’ performance that he personally called Boise State offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin Thursday night.

I talked to Harsin today and he said that Saban called him to ask if he was interested in being his offensive coordinator at Alabama.

After a 20 minute conversation, Harsin said thanks but no thanks, telling Saban he was flattered and appreciated the consideration but was not interested and preferred to stay at Boise State.

BTW, here's the views of Boise's new pressbox, club, and suite expansion.......

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.db...CRIBER_CONTENT=

Edited by NT80

HAHA :lol: Touche! I was thinking the same thing!

Unless you are a total couch slob, I can think of one or two things to be done in Idaho on the weekends in the fall.

fish.jpg

sheeplake.jpg

d_1064447084.jpg

silow.gif

All kidding aside. The games have been hugely popular even before they started winning consistently. My dad used to live up there and he went all the time, and he never goes to anything but a Baylor game for the most part. They used to be like a three ring circus. Dog who retrieved the kickoff tee, fireworks at every game, blue turf, etc.....