Why Can't We Do Something Like This?

Baby Arm!

That's the football banquet, I'm talking about signing day.

So you're probably suggesting that we do something on signing day, whether a banquet or not, right?

Most programs have a media/press conference the day of so that the coach(es) can discuss the recruits. And it is open to the public, I believe. What do we do? Not sure, but having ANOTHER "pay-for" or "club-only" function just 7-10 days after doing something similar like the banquet might be a bit much on Mean Green wallets. One or the other, sure; but not both.

just my 2 cents

-gm

You may be right. Just an idea. BTW the press conference isn't open to the public. It's against NCAA rules (go figure). Two years ago on signing day after the press conference RV did a tour of the new athletic center had a seperate meeting with fans with Dickey talking about each signee. Last year they did a meeting w/ video of each signee a couple of weeks past signing day. It was during spring football and after a gomeangreen.com bbq for the coaches/players and families.

Anything like that would be fine. Forgive me for being greedy. I just can't get enough Mean Green Football!

Absolutely this is a great idea! It should be held after signing day so fans/alums can meet a coach(s) and get the run down on signing class. UT does this in Dallas every year. They send one of the coaches to address attendees at the Park Cities Club over a lunch. Good PR and a bit of a fund raiser. Great event! Let's do it!!

Baby Arm is correct that the signing day press conference was a closed event two years ago. A seperate briefing was held for those of us who are not employed by the media. It was open to the public last year, however. Several of us were able to attend. I don't know what the difference was, but it did change. I believe the event was televised through Mean Green Premium a year ago. It would be nice to know in advance what the rules will be this year. If it is open to the public I plan to be there. It is a fun event to attend.