Recruiting Denton

Buford_Julep

It is great news that NT is recruiting the metroplex. I hope we start recruiting some of the home town players. The talent is usually there, and it is a great way to create local interest.

Denton Ryan has recently produced players like DE Jarvis Moss (Fla), DT Derek Lokey (Tex), DE Bryan Smith and RB Earl Goldsmith (Mo) and QB Justin Willis (SMU).

The Denton Broncos have also had some good D-1 players: OT Herman Johnson (LSU), RB Anthony Aldridge (Hou) and RB/DB Ian Gaines (Vandy).

This year Denton has just two prospects according to Rivals. Two star DE Ben Oglethorpe (Ryan) who has already committed to SMU and unrated WR/DB/KR Walter Coleman.

I hope we at least look at Walter Coleman of the Denton Broncos. He is unrated by rivals but has been a good producer while starting for four years on losing teams. According to Rivals Coleman's numbers are: Ht: 5-foot-9, Wt: 167 lbs, Forty: 4.41 secs. He has excelled in High school as a WR, a DB and a kick returner. As a junior he was first team all-district at WR and second team all-district at DB while playing for a 2-8 team. At the end of his senior season (3-7 team record) Coleman was selected 4A-5 co-offensive player of the year and first team all district at DB.

Rivals names SMU as the only school interested.

Edited by Buford_Julep

This year Denton has just two prospects according to Rivals. Two star DE Ben Oglethorpe (Ryan) who has already committed to SMU and unrated WR/DB/KR Walker Coleman.

I hope we at least look at Walker Coleman of the Denton Broncos. He is unrated by rivals but has been a good producer while starting for four years on losing teams. According to Rivals Coleman's numbers are: Ht: 5-foot-9, Wt: 167 lbs, Forty: 4.41 secs. He has excelled in High school as a WR, a DB and a kick returner. As a junior he was first team all-district at WR and second team all-district at DB while playing for a 2-8 team. At the end of his senior season (3-7 team record) Coleman was selected 4A-5 co-offensive player of the year and first team all district at DB.

Rivals names SMU as the only school interested.

I'd love to get Walter in here. There was a DMN article earlier this year that said Walter had some interest in NT. There were very few games this year where he wasn't the best player on the field for the Broncos.

Jarvis was awesome last night (Go gators, SEC!)

One person that you are over looking is Ben Habern, a Sr next year at Liberty Christian. He has verbally accepted full ride to OU and recently name an All-American. This kid can play. Check out the highlight real. He is also on Rivals.

Ht: 6-3

Wt: 260

Forty: 4.9

Class of 08

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...260&sport=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzH2gQwYN94

Edited by andrewrozell

As of late August, UNT was recruiting Walter Coleman.

Walter Coleman Story

"If it’s other players doing stuff that’s good and they got me behind their back, I tell them ‘Let’s go,’” Coleman said, who is being recruited by Arizona, SMU and UNT among others. “But if I have no catches, no yards, anything like that, then I’ll be fine as long as I’m just motivating everybody and doing my assignments.”

Jarvis was awesome last night (Go gators, SEC!)

One person that you are over looking is Ben Habern, a Sr next year at Liberty Christian. He has verbally accepted full ride to OU and recently name an All-American. This kid can play. Check out the highlight real. He is also on Rivals.

Ht: 6-3

Wt: 260

Forty: 4.9

Class of 08

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...260&sport=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzH2gQwYN94

Liberty has 3 or 4 players about this size. Plus a large TE and a couple of other players. Playing in a private school league it's hard to gage their talent , but they are worth a look. Does anyone know anything about Pegues the running back from Sanger ?