Fred Bleil Hired At Tulane

NT80

Tulane's Toledo Announces Football Coaching Staff

Toledo adds seven new assistants; retains two assistants from the previous staff

Jan. 5, 2007

New Orleans - Tulane University newly appointed Head Football Coach Bob Toledo announced his coaching staff today. Toledo has added seven new assistant coaches, while retaining two assistant coaches from the previous staff.

Defensive Coaching Staff

Thom Kaumeyer, Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs, 1st year

O'Neill Gilbert, Defensive Line, 1st year

Greg Jackson, Defensive Backs, 1st year

Fred Bleil, Linebackers/Special Teams, 1st year

Fred Bleil

Bleil, 57, joins the Green Wave staff after spending one season as the defensive coordinator/secondary coach at the University of North Texas. Prior to the Mean Green, he spent eight seasons as the secondary coach at San Diego State.

Bliel spent two terms as the director of the Mean Green defense after leading one of the Big West's top units in 1997 and 1998. Under Bleil, North Texas finished in the top three in the conference in scoring defense in both years, and ranked second in the league in pass defense in 96. Two-time NFL Pro Bowler Brian Waters was an All-Big West selection for Bliel's Mean Green defense, as were three other North Texas players in that two-year span.

Also from Rivals:

The latest: (3:55 p.m. ET, 1/8/07): After weeks of discussion, Florida State finally named Jimbo Fisher offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He will sign a three year-contact with a base salary of $215,000

Major Applewhite, OC at Rice, has been offered/hired as co-OC at Alabama....

Man, Jimbo must have REALLY wanted out of LSU - he was making (reportedly) over $400K there - that is a huge paycut. I think that he is being groomed to be the head coach eventually, but he will give up about $600K over the next 3 years while he waits for that to go down!

Man, Jimbo must have REALLY wanted out of LSU - he was making (reportedly) over $400K there - that is a huge paycut. I think that he is being groomed to be the head coach eventually, but he will give up about $600K over the next 3 years while he waits for that to go down!

His BASE will be $215K

I'm sure he has many bonuses (not hard to reach) that will push it up quickly

Makes you wonder how this is going to affect LSU

RE Fisher: Looks as if he was unhappy at LSU ( you never know how well he was getting along with the others) or perhaps he thinks FSU is a place that he could be moved up to head-coach soon. Bowden will not likely be the head too much longer.

Anyone know anything about Ramone Archie? I feel like he got the short end of the stick, with less than a full year working at the college level. Also, if I recall correctly, he was a coach as Denton Ryan before coming to North Texas, and had lots of good recruiting ties. Anyone have any idea why that didn't interest Dodge?

Anyone know anything about Ramone Archie? I feel like he got the short end of the stick, with less than a full year working at the college level. Also, if I recall correctly, he was a coach as Denton Ryan before coming to North Texas, and had lots of good recruiting ties. Anyone have any idea why that didn't interest Dodge?

I know that he rocked the house on Family Feud awhile ago...

http://www.dentonisd.org/51271830114354/li...fast_money2.jpg