The Soonerfans.com website is visible again. Apparently not only were they swamped with postings, their moderators were issuing temporary bans to members posting comments they did not like. Three-day bans for first offense, seven-day for second. For instance, these posts earned three-day bans:

Not only did hell freeze over and we played our worse possible game to allow BSU to win which is embarassing enough in itslef, but 3 out of the last 3 BCS games we have been embarassed. What needs to change????
3 different BCS bowls, 3 embarrassing losses. 3 different sets of players, 3 different opponents. What's the one thing that all 3 games had in common? The coaching staff (for the most part).

I'm not making a "fire stoops" post, but if you want a reason for 3 embarrassing BCS bowl losses, there is no other besides coaching at this point. 2 games can be a coincidence, but 3 is a pattern.

We need to clone Tressel and get him here FAST!
After issuing bans, the moderators posted sentiments like these:

And so, yes, he's been banned again, this time for a full week. And, upon his return, if he decides to start another thread like this or bump this one to engender sympathy for himself or enmity for the board administration, then I'll permanently ban him. And I won't lose a second's sleep about it.

Because we ban the hell out of people to ease server strain.
I'm not so much "defending" the banning as I am "doing" the banning and then answering questions that, quite frankly, I don't have to answer. Any of you don't like the way the board is run, you're invited to leave. Perhaps SoonerTimes is more to everyone's genteel likings.

And when the bans were criticized, this was posted by one of the moderators:

...you don't get a say in what "warrants a ban". Really, we don't even have to explain our actions to you people, but I do because I want other posters to be able to learn from the mistakes of others. But at the end of the day, I really don't care what you think about how we run this board.

Unbelievable! Thank goodness for Harry and crew!

Edited by Smitty

The Soonerfans.com website is visible again. Apparently not only were they swamped with postings, their moderators were issuing temporary bans to members posting comments they did not like. Three-day bans for first offense, seven-day for second. For instance, these posts earned three-day bans:

After issuing bans, the moderators posted sentiments like these:

And when the bans were criticized, this was posted by one of the moderators:

Unbelievable! Thank goodness for Harry and crew!

There are several words that could describe the moderating team of that board. But what it boils down to, is that in the last 3 bowls that zero-U has played, they have done this:

normal_choked.jpg

And, consequently, this has happened to them:

Slap.JPG