Sturns

foutsrouts

Looking at the stats, anyone else think it's time for Sturns to get more minutes at Bell's and occasionally Young's expense? Sturns is getting roughly 20 min. a game to Bells 30, and I think it's time to reverse those numbers for a guy who is statistically near the top per minute in many categories. Sure the turnovers are a problem, but he seems to be improving his steal/turnover ratio lately. Not knocking Bell's contributions at the point, but I think Sturns deserves to get somewhere near the 30 min. per game that KD and Watson will likely be getting from here on out. Sometimes I wonder if Sturns still has one foot in JJ's doghouse from the events of last year.

Sturns usually comes in when we need some fast paced play and a lot of energy on the floor. The reason he doesn't get many minutes is he doesn't run the offense as well as KD and Bell. If he could learn to slow down a bit and play the system and use his speed when there is an opening instead of always seeing an opening he would probably get more minutes.

Sturns usually comes in when we need some fast paced play and a lot of energy on the floor. The reason he doesn't get many minutes is he doesn't run the offense as well as KD and Bell. If he could learn to slow down a bit and play the system and use his speed when there is an opening instead of always seeing an opening he would probably get more minutes.

I just don't see Bell running the offense all that well. He doesn't strike me as that great of a shooter and he seems to turn the ball over a lot. He may get a few assist but he does nothing to impress. just my opinion.

I like what I see in Ben Bell and Rich Young, but, the numbers dont lie. I think Sturns could be more effective with more minutes.

Look at it this way:

If a defense has to be concerned that Sturns is going to make a move himself, and not pass the ball, how does that change things??? I thiink it makes a whole new ball game.

It is kinda like having a Michael Vick on your offense, you are worried about the receivers, but at all times you are worried about the QB himself.

lol you guys are talking about taking out the guy (Ben Bell) that leads the team in assists for a guy who leads the team in turnovers.. don't get me wrong Sturns is great and he brings energy and momentum off the bench, but there is no way i would want a go with a 26/50 assist to turnover ratio to run the point..

lol you guys are talking about taking out the guy (Ben Bell) that leads the team in assists for a guy who leads the team in turnovers.. don't get me wrong Sturns is great and he brings energy and momentum off the bench, but there is no way i would want a go with a 26/50 assist to turnover ratio to run the point..

Ive heard Sutrns called the human turnover thats why he doesn't play more

Looking at the stats, anyone else think it's time for Sturns to get more minutes at Bell's and occasionally Young's expense? Sturns is getting roughly 20 min. a game to Bells 30, and I think it's time to reverse those numbers for a guy who is statistically near the top per minute in many categories. Sure the turnovers are a problem, but he seems to be improving his steal/turnover ratio lately. Not knocking Bell's contributions at the point, but I think Sturns deserves to get somewhere near the 30 min. per game that KD and Watson will likely be getting from here on out. Sometimes I wonder if Sturns still has one foot in JJ's doghouse from the events of last year.

I agree. Bell is only averaging 3.5 assists per game and is a below team average shooter from the field (.434) and from three point land (.333). He's also pretty average from the line at .679 on fairly limited attempts. I'm not so sure that his ball handling ability is worth over thirty minutes a game now that we have Davis back in the lineup. IMO, give Sturns more minutes and let Davis handle some of the point duties.

I agree. Bell is only averaging 3.5 assists per game and is a below team average shooter from the field (.434) and from three point land (.333). He's also pretty average from the line at .679 on fairly limited attempts. I'm not so sure that his ball handling ability is worth over thirty minutes a game now that we have Davis back in the lineup. IMO, give Sturns more minutes and let Davis handle some of the point duties.

you say all that, but when the press is applied Bell is the only player that seems to know what he is doing, and he might not score a ton of points, but when he does get an open shot he ussually knocks it down.. People seem to forget that this is his first season w/ the mean green, and he looks pretty good out there.. i'd rather have someone who can set up the offense then a guy who looks to slash and score everytime down the court

you say all that, but when the press is applied Bell is the only player that seems to know what he is doing, and he might not score a ton of points, but when he does get an open shot he ussually knocks it down.. People seem to forget that this is his first season w/ the mean green, and he looks pretty good out there.. i'd rather have someone who can set up the offense then a guy who looks to slash and score everytime down the court

Well, people think numbers tell the story when they dont