Sugar Bowl

FirefightnRick

I was not comparing DD for the sake of comparing it....You said that whatever happened to Willingham and Shula was wrong and bad and etc but you fail to realize that what happened to Dickey was the same exact thing....SORRY. I guess the only difference is that people dont care about NT coaches and where as they care what ND and Alabama does. Rick, dont think i'm just bashing NT athletics cuz i'm anti mean green...just like you I want whats best for this program and hope that one day they get their athletics program into prominence...but I feel like too many people on here wanna criticize these "BIG SCHOOLS" without a lot of good reasons. Yes the system is messed up and i know that...yes the bcs schools may feel like they are the top of the world but its not just them...people make them feel like they are on top of the world. The draws are the big schools whether we like it or not and i believe that it will stay like that for some time....Perhaps BSU kind of changed that landscape a little bit on monday night but they and other schools like them need to do it again and a lil more often for it to be like we want it to be.

Did Shula and Willingham claim to coach in the most difficult circumstances in the nation? Did Shula and Willingham call the fans names? Did Shula and Willingham take every opportunity to bitch about their job that they willingly contracted for? I differ from most, I don't think NT fired Dickey, I think he fired himself. DD was self destructive and created a negative environment that he could never have climbed out of. I see little comparison in Shula and Willingham and DD.