It Never Stops

emmitt01

Just a taste of what is going on over there...

My thoughts:

I hate the color orange and the teams that use it as one of their colors.

I hate trick plays. Unless the Sooners run them.

Paul Thompson is still my hero, God bless him. He overachieved virtually the entire season and really turned it on in the first drive in the first quarter and the fourth quarter.

I'm disappointed we didn't play as well as we could, and have. I'm proud that we played well enough to win. We made mistakes, they took advantage. They made mistakes, we took advantage.

I'm sick and tired of Bozo State milking the "underdog" angle. "Underdog" my foot...those guys have careers ahead of them as politicians. Talk about trick plays.

I said it before the game, they were a good team. They were ranked ahead of us in the BCS and only two spots down in the polls. They were unbeaten, 12-0. We had at least one legitimate loss. If anything, we were the underdog.

I know we'd have gotten no credit for the comeback even if we had won the game.

Jared Zabransky made a great play on the one touchdown pass. Man, we had him...just a great play, at the end of the first half. He's also an arrogant jerk.

The stadium was awesome. Parking was a disaster...or at least leaving the parking lot was.

Section 433 had three Bozo State "fans" in our section who were drunk, obnoxious, gangsta wannabes. Security made sure they didn't come back for the second half, fortunately.

Highlight of the trip: running into AD in the airport. He graciously autographed my son's hat. Talking to him, along the lines of, "how you doing this morning and what did you think of Bozo State," he answered, "Last night they were one point better than we were."

I think that pretty much sums this game up for me. I can't buy the hype that it was one of the greatest games ever. That's impossible, since the Sooners didn't win.

One thing is clear to me this morning: I'm an Oklahoma Sooner, and they're still Bozo State. Enjoy it while you can, Broncs: when you were playing junior college ball we had three national titles. Next time we meet you're going down.

The 2006 Sooners were better than we had much hope to expect them to be. They showed a lot of heart in coming back time and again this season. I thought we had it won with 62 seconds to go. Just came up a little bit short. Bozo State couldn't play our game and they were able to get us to play their game. We play ten times I say we win eight or nine of them.

Stoops and his folks have got to learn to better prep a team for a bowl game.

The 2007 Sooners should be an awesome team.

Eh, same crap you would expect from a shorthorn fan or a USC fan or a Michigan fan or any other fan from a big time BCS program. They sit on their high horse with their holier than thou attitude that a loss to anyone except a BCS program was just luck and will never happen again because they were a one year wonder and their team was just unprepared. Its never that they were a better team and came to play. Those fans always make excuses and never accept that they lost and were beaten by a better team and in that game were out coached.

The whining about the trick play is a bit annoying. OU runs them the same as anyone else, especially when they think that they are outclassed. I remeber a few years back (2001 I think), OU vs Nebraska. Nebraska was favored to win and had the clearly better team. When OU thought they had an opportunity, they tried a pick that they tried to complete back to the quaterback. I can't remember which Hy-player it was, but he couldn't make the catch. Later in the game, Nebraska ran the same play back at them and Crouch was the better athlete. Seems like they just forget when they are running these kind of plays.

Not buying the hype that the game was one of the great ones because your team lost is just a bad attitude. Sorry guys, but you don't get to win them all. Besides, if you don't like losing, maybe you should stop playing in BCS bowls, they don't seem to treat you well, and none of them have been classics.

"Section 433 had three Bozo State "fans" in our section who were drunk, obnoxious, gangsta wannabes. Security made sure they didn't come back for the second half, fortunately."

Has this guy ever been to the State Fair of Texas in October??? Those Sooners come down in their dirty pickups, get drunk on our 5.5% beer, and end up puking on Big Tex's boots. I've seen it!

I work with a guy whose sister works very close to Dolphins management (can't say more than that). From what I hear, an offer to interview will be extended to Stoops.

Now will he even consider it? Who knows?

Perhaps they should offer the Boise coach instead? :rolleyes:

They probably would'nt get it, but this next season when we go up to Norman, I think every time one of OU's faithful throws at me one of their trademark toothless grins accompanied by an upside down longhorn symbol with one hand and the middle finger with the other, all while screaming "TEXAS SUCKS!!!!!!", I think I'll simply respond with a smile and do my best "Statue of Liberty" pose.

Rick

Perhaps they should offer the Boise coach instead? :rolleyes:

I honestly think that Stoops is a FANTASTIC coach....definitely one of the best in college football and i think he would make for a great NFL coach. Sure he lost the Fiesta Bowl to Boise State but look what he's done with the OU program after their down years in the mid to late 90's. With Parcell's future very short and uncertain with the Cowboys I hope Jerry Jones brings in a guy like Stoops. I think that would totally energize the fan base more and the organization.

Rick- great response plan. FYI, Dale Hansen said on the 10:00 PM broadcast that Barry Switzer was at Valley Ranch yesterday morning (FYI, he was serious). NO, I did not take it that Switzer would come back, but I wondered after he said this if Jerry Jones was talking to him about guaging Stoop's interest in an NFL job. Jones needs to do something to re-energize a dejected fan base after such high hopes at the beginning of December. I know taxpayer's are building the new stadium, but there are still seats and suites to be sold.

---Agree.... sounds like fans everywhere.... they support their team and not too fond of opposition... Bozo State is sort of a cheap name but we use SMUt and a few others such as MUTS. I don't know what you would expect them to say. I am no OU fan but this could be a lot worse and beginning of it was rather humorous, especially the trick play comment.

PS--we really don't need to be giving them any bulletin board material either... we play them next year...right?

PS--we really don't need to be giving them any bulletin board material either... we play them next year...right?

I bet GMG comments could really get the Sooners fired up and ready to play us....SHHHHHH!

I bet GMG comments could really get the Sooners fired up and ready to play us....SHHHHHH!

Your quips are awesome.

"And also, let’s not forget - let’s not forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, um, an amphibious rodent, for, um you know, domestic, within the city - that ain’t legal either."

-gm