Unt Vs. Ualr Game

chrisfisher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I said that I was being sarcastic, I wish they would let u coach UNT i'm sure you would never lose huh

I agree with you Keith. We cant win every game....sure if you go by records and etc we should have won the game but if we go by who should win then shouldnt have OU destroyed BSU? Considering what JJ has to work with I dont think he does a bad job. Even though the whole athletics program is very small and cant generate enough money on its own, he still has a team thats 11-4. Hell not only they are winning but we actually have a very nice arena to go with it....and yet we still only want to talk about football and will spend most of our budget on football. Give me a break guys. We all wanna gripe but we dont realize that in todays day and age its much much harder to get an athletics program as high as we want it to be. It takes a lot of time and considering what JJ has to work with I would say he is doing a HECK of a job....heck he's been able to recruit nice players that wanna play in front of a home crowd of 1000 IN A 10,000 or 11,000 seat arena....WHOOOPIIIEEEE!!!

Edited by Green Mean

When the games aren't on the radio down there....why don't you just listen to them on the internet? A lot of us do that.

I do. Caught the end when I got back to the condo. Just happened to be driving back from Houston tonight and there was only religious programming on 88.3. Just wondering if anyone knows if radio coverage has been discontinued down in Southeast Texas. Thanks.

I Considering what JJ has to work with I dont think he does a bad job. Even though the whole athletics program is very small and cant generate enough money on its own, he still has a team thats 11-4.

Are you kidding he has recruits in from from Major Schools and yet he has done nothing with them finishing .500 or just over is nothing to get excited about considering we routinely schedule 3-4 non D-1 schools every year. A far cry from Trilli scheduling basically all Top 25 schools essentially, which is also not the way to go.

Lets see we are 11-4 take away non-D1 and it is 8-4. The losses include a blowout to Nebraska, losses to under .500 UALR and UNO and a loss to UTA who lost to a DIII school.

Until JJ shows us that he can keep a team together for a whole season then I refuse to buy in us even getting past the 1st round of the conference tournament.

Hey fellas, I am as disappointed about this loss as the rest of you, but just as one win doesn't define a season, one loss does not either. We are a far better team this year in so many areas. JJ has put together one of the biggest, most athletic teams around, and this is the first time in a long time UNT has had a team like this. Everyone else can see it. Why can't you? Continue your support and let the season play out. If we finish 14-14 or something like that, then I'll jump on board.

Hey fellas, I am as disappointed about this loss as the rest of you, but just as one win doesn't define a season, one loss does not either. We are a far better team this year in so many areas. JJ has put together one of the biggest, most athletic teams around, and this is the first time in a long time UNT has had a team like this. Everyone else can see it. Why can't you? Continue your support and let the season play out. If we finish 14-14 or something like that, then I'll jump on board.

Everyone else can see it? No, it seems mostly that, the ones who think this is all great are new fans (like you, untwillrise and kieth 7).

A lot of the rest of us have been here for all SIX YEARS of JJ Ball....and we don't see the kind of improvement that you should see in that amount of time. Since when does it take six years to get a team into the NCAA Tournament? Basketball, isn't football, it doesn't take that long to turn a program around.

And btw.....14-14 shouldn't be the measuring stick on a 6th year coach. Heck, the standard for a sixth year coach SHOULD BE:

Getting a team into a post season tourney (NCAA or NIT).

JJ's teams are undisciplined. They're as undisciplined as Dickey's teams were in football.

So keep peddling the (manure) that this is a special season. A lot of us have heard that before. By the way, we were 12-6 at one point last year. Last year was a "special" season, too.

Everyone else can see it? No, it seems mostly that, the ones who think this is all great are new fans (like you, untwillrise and kieth 7).

A lot of the rest of us have been here for all SIX YEARS of JJ Ball....and we don't see the kind of improvement that you should see in that amount of time. Since when does it take six years to get a team into the NCAA Tournament? Basketball, isn't football, it doesn't take that long to turn a program around.

And btw.....14-14 shouldn't be the measuring stick on a 6th year coach. Heck, the standard for a sixth year coach SHOULD BE:

Getting a team into a post season tourney (NCAA or NIT).

JJ's teams are undisciplined. They're as undisciplined as Dickey's teams were in football.

So keep peddling the (manure) that this is a special season. A lot of us have heard that before. By the way, we were 12-6 at one point last year. Last year was a "special" season, too.

I meant everyone else outside of this fan board. When other coaches and teams speak of us, they hold us in high regard. Also, I cannot agree or disagree with your statements regarding this season being special or not b/c they are all predictions. You may or may not be right. I will wait until the season is over to pass judgment.

I agree with you Keith. We cant win every game....sure if you go by records and etc we should have won the game but if we go by who should win then shouldnt have OU destroyed BSU? Considering what JJ has to work with I dont think he does a bad job. Even though the whole athletics program is very small and cant generate enough money on its own, he still has a team thats 11-4. Hell not only they are winning but we actually have a very nice arena to go with it....and yet we still only want to talk about football and will spend most of our budget on football. Give me a break guys. We all wanna gripe but we dont realize that in todays day and age its much much harder to get an athletics program as high as we want it to be. It takes a lot of time and considering what JJ has to work with I would say he is doing a HECK of a job....heck he's been able to recruit nice players that wanna play in front of a home crowd of 1000 IN A 10,000 or 11,000 seat arena....WHOOOPIIIEEEE!!!

I got a pretty good chuckle out of this.