Nt Destroys Bellhaven

CMJ

Thanks for Emmitt and the Tailgating Brigade for the comradery and welcoming me.

I have to say that Quincy Williams is playing his best ball ever. He's looking great. Sure, tonight was against guys smaller than him, but he's been showing up this year pretty much game in and game out. People are about to stop talking about how much better Sheldon is than Quincy as he ie establishing himself as a force. I am real excited about the rest of the year and next year with Q.

KD didn't look so great, but that's to be expected. He'll get his stroke back soon.

Calvin had an off shooting night (7 of 21), but man, he can shoot.....wow. I think he's the most dangerous outside shooter in the conference.

Howerton...oh Howerton...you are 6-10 man, quit bringing the ball down to your knees and go up strong!!

I think Mangrum will be a great scorer in a few years and quite a threat from the outside. His cousin, Kenneth, would be proud....lol.

I was very impressed by what I saw from the backups/younger players tonight. Also, why is Edwards getting so few minutes? KD looked strong with his ball movement and took it had to the bucket once (and gave me quite the scare). I think he was just testing out the wrist and getting his legs under him tongiht. I expect him to be his old self (if he starts) against Denver.

I was very impressed by what I saw from the backups/younger players tonight. Also, why is Edwards getting so few minutes? KD looked strong with his ball movement and took it had to the bucket once (and gave me quite the scare). I think he was just testing out the wrist and getting his legs under him tongiht. I expect him to be his old self (if he starts) against Denver.

Yeah, he distributed the rock very well. He played very much like a team player. JJ told him he didn't care if he scored or not.

It is unfashionable to ever mention defense on this board except when NT loses, but I thought KD played excellent D last night. He did a great job of containing Belhaven's #24 when he finally had the opportunity to guard him.

Yep, there is no question KD is the best defender on the team followed by Rich Young and Mangrum has showed some flashes of defensive brilliance. He just needs to ease up a bit and not pick up so many fouls.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

I was watching the online video of the game. I forgot that early in the game Williams twisted his ankle and was hobbling around for a while. I know he played the rest of the game, but sometimes these sprains take time to swell up and feel the full effect of the injury. Does anyone know if Williams is OK? I sure hope so. He is such a key player now.

I was watching the online video of the game. I forgot that early in the game Williams twisted his ankle and was hobbling around for a while. I know he played the rest of the game, but sometimes these sprains take time to swell up and feel the full effect of the injury. Does anyone know if Williams is OK? I sure hope so. He is such a key player now.

I haven't heard anything today, but by the end of the game he was running and jumping on it fine. I didn't see him hobbling when they went off the court at the end of the game.

I listened to the JJ postgame show on the way home.

He wanted to take advantage of the size difference NT had and start going inside more. To start the 2nd half, that is what NT did on several plays...found Williams all alone under the basket for an easy 2. That seemed to counter the 3 bombardment Bellhaven put on (7 in the first half...11 for the game).

Plus Bellhaven was a bunch of foul mongers. <_< No one fouled out but the shortest guy on the floor (McNutt) had 3 fould and no points for the first half. By the end of the game I think there were at least 3-4 players for them with 4 fouls, a few of the regulars with more fouls then points.

I listened to the JJ postgame show on the way home.

He wanted to take advantage of the size difference NT had and start going inside more. To start the 2nd half, that is what NT did on several plays...found Williams all alone under the basket for an easy 2. That seemed to counter the 3 bombardment Bellhaven put on (7 in the first half...11 for the game).

Plus Bellhaven was a bunch of foul mongers. <_< No one fouled out but the shortest guy on the floor (McNutt) had 3 fould and no points for the first half. By the end of the game I think there were at least 3-4 players for them with 4 fouls, a few of the regulars with more fouls then points.

McNutt was gay