Drc Blurb Davis To Return This Week, Wooden Won't Start

OldTimer

UNT will get guard back Thursday

11:24 PM CST on Tuesday, December 26, 2006

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

DENTON – North Texas shooting guard Kendrick Davis will return from a wrist injury Thursday against Belhaven. Davis injured his hand while breaking an arena hallway window after a loss Nov. 15.

Junior forward Keith Wooden will not start against Belhaven after violating team rules.

With Harold Stewart taking care of personal issues and Wooden getting suspended for 1 game, does anyone think we should be concerned about the team melting down? I hate to bring this up with the season looking so great, but this smells of the Sturns incident last year. And we all know what happened last year during mid-season. I'd hate to see that happen again. Hopefully our players will not undermine their success again.

With Harold Stewart taking care of personal issues and Wooden getting suspended for 1 game, does anyone think we should be concerned about the team melting down? I hate to bring this up with the season looking so great, but this smells of the Sturns incident last year. And we all know what happened last year during mid-season. I'd hate to see that happen again. Hopefully our players will not undermine their success again.

Im not taking it seriously right now. Harold has been at both games and looked happy. And Wooden dressed out for the Bellhaven game. But if these situations continue past tonight then I will start to worry.

You would think or at least hope that with all Wooden has been through this season (fighting through a serious leg sprain, starting off slow, etc) and the fact that he is developing into a major force for the team, that he wouldn't screw that up. I hope that he was suspended for something like showing up real late to practice rather than something like extreme behavior problems or conflicts.