Davis Returns On Thursday

MeanGreen61

December 26, 2006

Davis to return Thursday

The North Texas men's basketball team received some good news on Tuesday. Unfortunately for the Mean Green, it also got some bad news.

Senior shooting guard Kendrick Davis will return Thursday for a game against Belhaven after recovering from a wrist injury that has kept him out since the first week of the season.

UNT won't need Davis for a game against Belhaven, but the Mean Green will fare better in Sun Belt play after the first of the year now that he is back. Davis leads the team with an average of 18.7 points a game.

The bad news is Keith Wooden won't start against Belhaven after violating team rules. UNT was already short a frontcourt player after sophomore forward Harold Stewart left the Mean Green's lineup to attend to some off-the-court issues.

Wooden is expected to play against Belhaven.

What do you think? Will Davis' return put the Mean Green over the top in the Sun Belt's West Division?

December 26, 2006

Davis to return Thursday

The North Texas men's basketball team received some good news on Tuesday. Unfortunately for the Mean Green, it also got some bad news.

Senior shooting guard Kendrick Davis will return Thursday for a game against Belhaven after recovering from a wrist injury that has kept him out since the first week of the season.

UNT won't need Davis for a game against Belhaven, but the Mean Green will fare better in Sun Belt play after the first of the year now that he is back. Davis leads the team with an average of 18.7 points a game.

The bad news is Keith Wooden won't start against Belhaven after violating team rules. UNT was already short a frontcourt player after sophomore forward Harold Stewart left the Mean Green's lineup to attend to some off-the-court issues.

Wooden is expected to play against Belhaven.

What do you think? Will Davis' return put the Mean Green over the top in the Sun Belt's West Division?

Will Stewart be back? When?

Quincy should start of course. But I think he should give Jonathon Jackson a bunch of playing time (if he is healthy). I really want to see what he can do and the Belhaven game will be a good place to give him a chance.

I want to see a lot of Howerton and Jackson. I don't care if we only win by 5. I think that is the one thing that Howerton needs.

Admittedly, I have not been the biggest Howerton fan. However, I must say that he is making huge strides this season. Perhaps JJ was right about developing him long term. Against Jarvis, I saw Howerton do a nice turn around jump shot that looked really good. His coordination seems to be getting better all around. He also seems to be blocking better, and is more aggressive toward the basket. I really hope Howerton helps me become a big time fan of his.

Admittedly, I have not been the biggest Howerton fan. However, I must say that he is making huge strides this season. Perhaps JJ was right about developing him long term. Against Jarvis, I saw Howerton do a nice turn around jump shot that looked really good. His coordination seems to be getting better all around. He also seems to be blocking better, and is more aggressive toward the basket. I really hope Howerton helps me become a big time fan of his.

Honestly I hate Howerton. Ever since I played with him and Stewart last year we could easilly see that Howerton is big and sorry.

Honestly I hate Howerton. Ever since I played with him and Stewart last year we could easilly see that Howerton is big and sorry.

willrise - These are kids you are talking about. They are not pros, they are student athletes. Why don't you tone down your hate just a bit and instead focus on those players you do like. There is just no need for our fans to be hating any of our players - no matter the skill level.

willrise - These are kids you are talking about. They are not pros, they are student athletes. Why don't you tone down your hate just a bit and instead focus on those players you do like. There is just no need for our fans to be hating any of our players - no matter the skill level.

I totally agree with you, Zeke! Too many times on this board, posters forget that behind everything, there are young men who are just trying to play a game they love, and many times they don't deserve the "bashings" they get from the "supporters".

ouch that is bad.. but i'm starting to get used to this kind of negativity towards the team, no matter how well they do people still find ways to bash them

ouch that is bad.. but i'm starting to get used to this kind of negativity towards the team, no matter how well they do people still find ways to bash them

Easy there. Not everyone, heck, not even 10% of this board shows this kind of negativity. There are a few that can be overly bunt at times, but for the most part this board is very happy with the success the team is having.

On another note by negativity do you mean we can't wish for/hope for/demand of a coach post season wins or is that considered negativity towards the team?

ok maybe I shouldn't had said hate! My bad on that one hes a cool cat. But I am only a year older then him so that kid crap doesn't work. When I have played with him he is the worst player on the team. Never did I say kick him off the team or don't let him play. I have been the only person on this board who has continually said that when he plays more he will get better. So if pointing out that he is not good hurts your feelings maybe 10-14 year old AAU is better for you.

ok maybe I shouldn't had said hate! My bad on that one hes a cool cat. But I am only a year older then him so that kid crap doesn't work. When I have played with him he is the worst player on the team. Never did I say kick him off the team or don't let him play. I have been the only person on this board who has continually said that when he plays more he will get better. So if pointing out that he is not good hurts your feelings maybe 10-14 year old AAU is better for you.

Again, where did you play ball with Howerton and Stewart?