Congrats Todd Dodge & Slc

jperg2

Man... if you are Brandon Jackson, Brock Stickler, or Zach Muzzy, how much you wanna bet you're watching the championship game and just licking your chops thinking about next season?

And if you are Jamario, aren't you just three steps shy of heaven thinking about not running into a brick wall for three consecutive plays anymore? That you might actually have some holes?

And if you are the offensive line, aren't you relieved you don't have to block for seven seconds on every pass play anymore? That, given the quick drops and short routes, you can actually keep your QB on his feet?

And no matter what position you play, aren't you a little mystified to see a coach that is truly capable of putting his guys in the best position to win the game? That you don't have to win it for him?

No more adversarial schemes. No more awkward distancing or forced friendliness between players, fans, coaches, and administration. It is possible that, just maybe, we could all get on the same page for once?

I've noticed what seems to be a large upswing in the registration and posting from current and former players. Maybe this is the first step in repairing some of the bridges that were burned on both sides. Have a great break everyone. And don't forget to Duck.

Its Dodgeball time.

Edited by illuvius32

Good points Matt. I was very impressed by Riley - the kid is just a tremendous competitor and I would love to have him here. Tre Newton looks like the real deal too. To me there was no question that Westlake had more talent, they just didn't have discipline and coaching that the Dragons had. What a great ending to Dodge's high school career! I can't wait to see him build something special at North Texas! It is truly an exciting time to be a Mean Green fan.

GMG!

Man... if you are Brandon Jackson, Brock Stickler, or Zach Muzzy, how much you wanna bet you're watching the championship game and just licking your chops thinking about next season?

And if you are Jamario, aren't you just three steps shy of heaven thinking about not running into a brick wall for three consecutive plays anymore? That you might actually have some holes?

And if you are the offensive line, aren't you relieved you don't have to block for seven seconds on every pass play anymore? That, given the quick drops and short routes, you can actually keep your QB on his feet?

And no matter what position you play, aren't you a little mystified to see a coach that is truly capable of putting his guys in the best position to win the game? That you don't have to win it for him?

No more adversarial schemes. No more awkward distancing or forced friendliness between players, fans, coaches, and administration. It is possible that, just maybe, we could all get on the same page for once?

I've noticed what seems to be a large upswing in the registration and posting from current and former players. Maybe this is the first step in repairing some of the bridges that were burned on both sides. Have a great break everyone. And don't forget to Duck.

Its Dodgeball time.

Great post, Illuvius32.

I think we will also need a much bigger page for all of us to be on at at the same time, too. :blink:

Said it many days ago, but I couldn't be more excited as I am for our present Mean Green football players who I think will get the kind of coaching and discipline they've probably wanted all along and quite frankly deserve.

Also think we will set a Fouts Field attendance record in our 2007 home season debut of Todd Dodge come this September.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Geezie Chreezie!

...those Westlake players seemed like they had 4 inches on SLC across the field. Especially the skill positions?

How about that Tre Newton 74 yard run?!?

Riley's a gutsy player, really "leaving it on the field" per se.

Seemed like once Carroll got the ball rolling towards the end of the 1st half, they were so focused that Westlake just couldn't get back into it. Even after a a couple more score exchanges, the Dragons were never rattled. Not that AWL wasn't scrapping away, but there wasn't any give at all from a mental standpoint.

Great game. Exciting times are ahead :)

-gm

Geezie Chreezie!

...those Westlake players seemed like they had 4 inches on SLC across the field. Especially the skill positions?

How about that Tre Newton 74 yard run?!?

Riley's a gutsy player, really "leaving it on the field" per se.

Seemed like once Carroll got the ball rolling towards the end of the 1st half, they were so focused that Westlake just couldn't get back into it. Even after a a couple more score exchanges, the Dragons were never rattled. Not that AWL wasn't scrapping away, but there wasn't any give at all from a mental standpoint.

Great game. Exciting times are ahead :)

-gm

That had to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Riley blows chunks, gets the snap a second later and calmly throws a perfect pass for a touchdown. He then blows more chunks and heads to the sideline. Talk about being calm, cool, and collected.

That had to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Riley blows chunks, gets the snap a second later and calmly throws a perfect pass for a touchdown. He then blows more chunks and heads to the sideline. Talk about being calm, cool, and collected.

My wife asked me if there was a rule about this when we listening on the radio. "They can't let a player continue to play if he has vomit all over him. Who would want to tackle him. Eeeaaaeeeeewwwwwwww!"

About that time I sarted thinking of a new strategy that could be even more effective than the tear-away jerseys of the late 1970s.Smiley_VomitAni.gif:lol::unsure:

Now back to the original subject: Congratulations to Coach Dodge and the Southlake Carrol Dragons. What an amazing championship season.